Inquiry Bob Clark Experience..pretty negative so far - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:50 PM   #51
BlueCrowned
He looks great! Glad to hear all is well.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 PM   #52
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Not just you , I'm the same way. I wouldn't even do a show during the winter with dangerously low temperatures. You have car problems , slide off the road or have some other delay and you animals are gone if you can't get help soon enough.

The last time I bought something I couldn't pass up during winter I drove about five hours one way to pick it up. I never would have risked shipping in those temps.

Yeah, so much is automated now ... some trying to be Amazon.com of the herp business. But you aren't buying shoes or a book .
Thank you. I have shipped & received snakes before, I've kept my snakes comfortably-warm & healthy thru an extended power outage from a major ice storm, and I've kept my snakes protected from temperature extremes when I moved cross country. Any time I take a snake in a car, no matter what season & no matter how short the trip, it's in a snake-bag inside an ice chest/cooler, and if there's any chance of cold temps. I carry chemical 'hand-warmer' heat packs, like they use in shipping by air. (-when there's a delay, those can fail or run down too fast) Ice storm: kept my snakes warm with large jars of hot water for heat in ice chests; had to change water about every 9 hours. (gas hot water heater ) I wouldn't risk a program in winter either.

The last snakes I had shipped to me was a pair of Trans Pecos rat snakes that came from New England: they hatched in late fall, so I had a choice of receiving them right out of the egg, or waiting for spring. Since I've plenty of experience raising them, I got them right out of the eggs with no problems at all. Nice to find out the seller felt the same way.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #53
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampvs View Post
He arrived safe and well.. however I did notice some scale damage on his side. It looks like it may just be a scratch but I will be monitoring him closely. He was nice and calm when I let him out of the bag, I snapped a quick photo before weighing him (he came in at 114g). He is such a precious bug!! Look at that snoot!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11A...kfK_TF2IT8nbCf
Awesome! What a cute face!

Old 02-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #55
AndyUltimateReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
Thank you. I have shipped & received snakes before, I've kept my snakes comfortably-warm & healthy thru an extended power outage from a major ice storm, and I've kept my snakes protected from temperature extremes when I moved cross country. Any time I take a snake in a car, no matter what season & no matter how short the trip, it's in a snake-bag inside an ice chest/cooler, and if there's any chance of cold temps. I carry chemical 'hand-warmer' heat packs, like they use in shipping by air. (-when there's a delay, those can fail or run down too fast) Ice storm: kept my snakes warm with large jars of hot water for heat in ice chests; had to change water about every 9 hours. (gas hot water heater ) I wouldn't risk a program in winter either.

Just a small aside for those reading. Hand warmer type heat packs are not suitable for shipping. In a pinch for keeping snakes warm in a power outage they could work, but they typically peak at a higher temp and burn out much quicker. The 40-72 hour shipping heat packs buffered with phase cryopaks are much safer, though freezing temps can stop a heat pack as well.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #56
Bob Clark
Hi Rachel, I WAS out of town but my system should have confirmed receipt of the payment and sent the tracking number to you. I see that you have the snake but I'm sorry if we didn't meet your expectations.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #57
hotlips
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUltimateReptiles View Post
Just a small aside for those reading. Hand warmer type heat packs are not suitable for shipping. In a pinch for keeping snakes warm in a power outage they could work, but they typically peak at a higher temp and burn out much quicker. The 40-72 hour shipping heat packs buffered with phase cryopaks are much safer, though freezing temps can stop a heat pack as well.
Thanks for adding clarity!

Old 02-01-2018, 06:43 PM   #58
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clark View Post
Hi Rachel, I WAS out of town but my system should have confirmed receipt of the payment and sent the tracking number to you. I see that you have the snake but I'm sorry if we didn't meet your expectations.
Hi Bob, I think most of my confusion came from my experience with online ordering. In the future I will do as most members suggested here and contact you directly before purchasing so I can be aware of shipping and all that. I received a beautiful healthy snake and I am also appreciative of the time you took to respond to me both here and in Facebook. I hope to do business with you again in the future

Old 02-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #59
Danny2875
I’ve ordered from Bob Clark several times and had no issues at all. Things happen. But I understand about sending money and not receiving any info on shipment arrival. At least some type of confirmation is usually sent right away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!