Bad Guy Nikki Reptiles - Caramel Pieds - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Robert Walker
The latest as of about 10 minutes ago... (part of an email from Nikki to myself)

"Meanwhile for the western union payment, here the details you will need for my partner.
Steve Garcia
18 Apollo St
Jersey City
New Jersey

Hope to hear from you soon,

thanks,Nikki"

Any every heard of the mysterious "partner" before???

Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Robert Walker
Okay, finally got a facebook page out of this joker:

http://www.facebook.com/niki.reptiles?ref=ts&fref=ts

You can see the pictures from MA reptiles on his/her facebook.
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...-upscale-line/

They have plenty of facebook friends... are you one of them?? hah

The next step in online scams, once you have shown any doubt, is to threaten you with ending the transaction and going else where with their killer deal...

"Rob, if we must proceed (I asked for a phone number to talk about payments other than Western Union) then we have to conclude right now so that i know whether or not we are reserving the caramel pied for you. I don't Facebook a lot but i have an account Niki Reptiles.
I don't have your shipping info yet and also we don't have an agreement on payment. We already have other people i have stalled to complete discussions with you before anything.

hope to hear from you again,

thanks,Nikki"

Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
Sierra0101
This has scam written all over it.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Robert Walker
A--L---L over it!

Funny enough, I did see a couple of people I recognize who are actually facebook friends (knowing or unknowingly) with this person, hah.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Sierra0101

Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #16
restlessrobie
Hmmm this kinda rings of the Scam from Africa doesn't it

Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 AM   #17
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra0101 View Post
This has scam written all over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
A--L---L over it!

It sure does have scam(mer) written all over it.

My husband, & I, just got done with a scammer (which we traced to Africa).
He wanted to purchase something we had for sale. Well, it was obvious he was a scammer.
So, we decided to toy with him for a bit.
The price was $2500 and he, allegedly, sent $4000 (via Paypal). We were to pay his shipping agent (who had an Oregon address) the overage, of $1500, before the money would be released, by Paypal, to us.
Over some days, we also received several email notifications, that were supposedly from Paypal, stating the same and giving us assurances that the money was there (also how copies had been sent to the FBI and IFCC for more security).
Meanwhile, we kept toying with the scammer.
My husband finally ended up stating that I had been in a car accident, was critically injured, and how he really needed the money (sound reminiscent of some of these Nigerian scammers? LoL). Plus, how he had sent the money (which he had not) and awaited the $2500 (which we did not expect to get). Of course, since the scammer did not get the money, he went back to requesting the $1500.
A day or two later, after my alleged accident, my husband stated how, now, he really did need the money because I had died from my injuries (OMG! My hubby had me killed off! LOL!). My husband received condolences but, of course, the scammer still requested that the money be sent (husband repeated that it had been sent).
Next thing, I get two more "back to back" Paypal notifications (not from Paypal, most assuredly, although they made it look like it was) which stated that there may be legal action since they believed we had entered into an agreement (with the scammer) and should send the money.
Finally, getting bored with toying with this guy, we sent this guy an email letting him know how it was obvious, from the start, that he was a scammer. We included, in the email, a photo of the home in Oregon (which, allegedly, is his shipping agent's address/home), showed how his IP address matched the IP address in the "Paypal notifications", etc. Plus, told him how we had notified the FBI, Secret Service, Homeland Security, etc. (we didn't). Then stated "You never know who might be watching you, and your activities, now" (and, In small print, my husband added "Maybe a U.S. Military Drone flying overhead"). My husband, & I, laughed at the thought of what if a plane actually flew overhead at the time the scammer read that email. LoL!
Well, we have not heard another thing (in these last several days), from him or "Paypal", after daily emails. Gee, couldn't have been anything we said.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #18
Robert Walker
Great story Deb, that is exactly what I would like to do with this clown (drone and all) but I will stop where I am with them for now.

I am afraid that if I "reveal" myself to them, they might close up shop under the name Nikki Reptiles and move on to an unknown name (perhaps they are already doing it) that we can't trace on the BOI.

If they close up shop under Nikki Reptiles, then we have to start from scratch with them.

The funniest thing would be if 20+ people from the herp community bombarded them with requests for the Caramel Pieds and just wasted their time and toyed with them.

Again, best of luck to all in avoiding groups like this. THANK YOU FAUNA for at least giving us a resource to check people out

Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #19
Robert Walker
Just when I thought I was done...
Thanks to Josh finding his/her other email: reptiles_pythonfarm@yahoo.com

Guess what? I found a link taking me to an old 2007 BOI report right here on Fauna for Eron Yepet, surprise surprise!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=103641

Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
Robert Walker
Some day, someone will be glad this was posted:

Condensed version of alias and emails that I can tell thus far:

Names:
Eron Yepet
Aaron Yepet
Aaron Reptiles
Nikki Reptiles
Niki Reptiles
Blanch McAdam
Mel W
BRAD
Yepet Birds
Steve Garcia

User Names Websites:
Karen (Kingsnake.com)
gorgousreptiles (Venomous Reptiles.org)

Emails:
reptiles.guildfordbaitservices@gmail.com
nikkireptiles@hotmail.com
redgirl05instore@yahoo.com
reptiles101@gmail.com
birdfarm010@yahoo.com

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/niki.reptiles?fref=ts

Same person running other alias:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=117426

IDENTIFY AND AVOIDING THE CAMEROON PET SCAMMERS
Over 1300 known Scammer E-mail addresses
http://blogg-erton.blogspot.com/2009...er-e-mail.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!