Bad Guy Pat Kline - snared99 - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #31
snared99
I would like to point out that i did offer a refund without still seeing evidence of the bearded is in fact dead. I would also be more then willing to post tons of pics of the healthy dragons here at the facility, to calm any "contagious" talks.

Really dont know what else to do, you have now refused the refund and im trying like heck to work with you here, even though (in your words) he arrived and was beautiful

Old 09-01-2017, 05:42 PM   #32
RichsBallPythons
You's a good guy Pat!

Old 09-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #33
LauraB
Andie, please post proof that the beardie is dead. I'm sure you thought it important enough to take a quick photo, sad as it may have been for you.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #34
snakesareawesome
If the animal died a day after arrival, taking it to a vet would have been incredibly unlikely to help. I've taken many reptiles to vets before they were very ill and it is still hit or miss. If it's a bacterial infection and you're willing to give it meds while waiting on the culture to come back, odds are they can fix it, but it's viral I doubt they are going to be any help.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #35
snakesareawesome
Having said that it's always important to report any issues as soon as they are noticed and a deceased animal virtually always requires a photo. Trouble is once you get past a few hours the seller cannot be sure what happened so it gets murky quick

Old 09-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #36
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieBones View Post
Fatalis, I did not say he arrived dead. I said the seller basically sold me a dead animal, because without vet care, he was a dead animal. And is. Was I supposed to open my new animal and immediately take him to a vet because of a life threatening illness? No. The seller never should have tried to sell him in the first place.
You are building a conclusion on speculation. You do know know at all that the animal was sent ill and in fact you reported in writing that it looked beautiful. Then you skillfully garnered comments from people who never actually saw the animal to try to force readers to a conclusion that the seller did something amiss when there is no evidence of that at all.

Again, you have presented no evidence that the animal was shipped sick. You have not provided a photo of the dead animal.
It could well have been a husbandry issue, something in your enclosure.

I am sorry you lost your dragon and it was a very pretty one. But I don't think you have made a case that it was the seller's fault and I think it was flat irresponsible to claim that the critter had an infectious disease when not only did no veterinary professional see it, but those who you claim came up with a diagnosis never saw it either.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #37
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Name the breeder. And even a reputable breeder is not a vet, I do not see how he could diagnose a contagious disease without having seen the animal.

Andie, your two statements seem to be in direct conflict.
The OP did state that the animal was "struggling to breath" before the quote you referenced.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #38
Chris Kennard
In my opinion, the seller sold a sick animal. Just sayin'.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #39
Chris Kennard
And for what it's worth, nobody here would, or should, put up with anything but a smooth transaction for your money. Not in this day n age. If you screw up one out of a hundred times, own it. If you screw up ten out of a hundred times, you're dead to me.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #40
JColt
The seller should be given proof the animal is dead. Pic's worth a thousand words.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
snared99