Inquiry Bob Clark Experience..pretty negative so far - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #41
hotlips
This is obviously a learning experience, not only for you but others, preemptively. I look forward to seeing & hearing more about your new snake in good time, after he/she settles in & all that.

I still think though, that for future reference when you are soliciting feedback, that your thread title should not also suggest a one-sided answer but reflect a more balanced, open-minded tone, considering what you now know, don't you? (I suspect that's why you initially got some responses that seemed "rude".)

Old 01-31-2018, 02:14 PM   #42
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodawagon View Post
Don't know why my post was deleted, but try contacting him through facebook.
Your post was not deleted.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:38 PM   #43
yodawagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Your post was not deleted.
I stand corrected. I didn't see it.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:48 PM   #44
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I have a shopping cart system set up for my business. There's an option to either set up shipping labels to be created and staged automatically, or I can have it done as a manual process. I do it manually b/c it's low volume.

Once the label is created it has an expected ship date (usually the following day) with an expected receipt date 2-3 business days in the future because everything I send goes out USPS priority. The label is valid for 30 days though, which of course would push out the receipt date if for some reason the package doesn't get to the post office on the expected ship date. The recipient still gets the "label created" notification though.
Very interesting.. perhaps this is just how his online ordering is set up as well. Thank you for the input

Old 01-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #45
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
This is obviously a learning experience, not only for you but others, preemptively. I look forward to seeing & hearing more about your new snake in good time, after he/she settles in & all that.

I still think though, that for future reference when you are soliciting feedback, that your thread title should not also suggest a one-sided answer but reflect a more balanced, open-minded tone, considering what you now know, don't you? (I suspect that's why you initially got some responses that seemed "rude".)
Yes, I would agree. I think my post was initially misunderstood that I was upset I wasn't contacted right away or I was being too hasty.. but as I mentioned before my real frustration came from the shipping labels (I actually received multiple shipping labels in the end, where the first one was voided altogether.)

I did plan on creating a thread with an actual opinion (red or green button) once I received my snake and all was well. I am also unsure if the title of this thread can be changed - I am new to the Fauna BOI and do not know who any of the administrators are, but if I can figure it out I will send them a PM requesting for a title change.

I really appreciated everyone's feedback and insight and have found this to be a very helpful experience. Although, next time I do think I will wait for communication before purchasing.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:08 PM   #46
Kfen
I don't care who you are, or how busy you are, a live animal should not be sent without confirming the person will be there to receive it- especially when the weather is in question! Not everyone is home all day everyday or can take off of work on a moments notice. I wasn't planning on it but now I surely will never buy from an online shopping cart after reading this thread.

I wonder what Bob Clark's DOA policy is and if things have ever died because they sat in someone's mailbox or on their doorstep all day.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #47
hotlips
And personally, I wouldn't even consider shipping (buying or selling) in winter, but that's me?

I know we're stuck with so many things being "automated" but there's still nothing like good old customer relations. And I agree, Kfen, you should also ask questions or see the written policy for "what if's" before you pay. Not everyone is above board, which is why there's such a need for this BOI in the first place.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:23 PM   #48
BlueCrowned
I would really like to know how your snake is once it arrives. Please keep us updated.

I would not buy from anyone who ships live animals in 20 degree weather. This entire thread makes me feel like your concern and frustration is completely understandable.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:24 PM   #49
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
And personally, I wouldn't even consider shipping (buying or selling) in winter, but that's me?
Not just you , I'm the same way. I wouldn't even do a show during the winter with dangerously low temperatures. You have car problems , slide off the road or have some other delay and you animals are gone if you can't get help soon enough.

The last time I bought something I couldn't pass up during winter I drove about five hours one way to pick it up. I never would have risked shipping in those temps.

Yeah, so much is automated now ... some trying to be Amazon.com of the herp business. But you aren't buying shoes or a book .

Old 01-31-2018, 05:34 PM   #50
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrowned View Post
I would really like to know how your snake is once it arrives. Please keep us updated.

I would not buy from anyone who ships live animals in 20 degree weather. This entire thread makes me feel like your concern and frustration is completely understandable.
He arrived safe and well.. however I did notice some scale damage on his side. It looks like it may just be a scratch but I will be monitoring him closely. He was nice and calm when I let him out of the bag, I snapped a quick photo before weighing him (he came in at 114g). He is such a precious bug!! Look at that snoot!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11A...kfK_TF2IT8nbCf

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!