Whats wrong with my gecko?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2006, 12:17 AM   #1
Lguy598
Whats wrong with my gecko??

So, I have this little gecko and there seems to be a problem with her. First she always has here head tilted to the side and she doesn't stretch out. Secondly when she gets flipped over she cannot right herself, she lie motionless like she playing dead. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or knows what this is?? If it can be fixed by me instead of a vet?? or does she need to get to the vet ASAP?? Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
Thanks for you time,
Drew

Old 02-25-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
can you gets pics of her? It kinds sounds like Metabolic Bone disease from a lack of calcium buts thats my only guess without pics.

has she been dropped? How old is she? etc more info would help!

Old 02-25-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
raiquee
It may also be something with her inner ear...I know in a lot of animals (including humans) it will throw us off balance and cause a slight head tilt. I highly recommend a vet visit!

Old 02-25-2006, 03:06 AM   #4
Lguy598
Those were the two senarios I figured too!!! As far as I know she was not dropped. The only thing I know is she had a bad shed about a month ago. As far as age goes she is b/w 3 and 4 months. Here's a few quick pics:
These are the best two to show how she leans:

here's some more

Old 02-25-2006, 04:23 AM   #5
shadraak
awww, poor little baby, i'd say definately vet visit , bad shed as in how? since they eat their skin, maybe she got some of your substrate there, tail doesn't look as fat as i see in alot of pictures, maybe dehydrated or something else, i dont know i have yet to get one but just my 2 cents.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:07 AM   #6
dragonflyreptiles
The right front arm looks like there is something wrong, could be MBD or something totally different. Is there anything high up she could have jumped off of in her cage?

Id go to the Vet to be safe if she is not doing better by Monday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!