What to breed this girl to? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-02-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
BrianB
What to breed this girl to?

I've been thinking of getting a male this year or next to raise up with this girl, who's an EBV Red X Ronne Pastel:

Question is: Do I get another pastel, a hypo, or maybe an albino to make hets from her? I'm kind of hesitant about the hets, b/c selling hets as an unknown might be a bit hard. I plan on breeding her and one other pair, yet to be decided on. (Leaning toward a type 2 anery female and.... something else, maybe CA hypo?) The goal is to keep four nice-looking snakes, learn a bit about breeding, and see how it goes from there. I'm concerned about hets not so much from the money aspect as from the finding homes for the babies aspect, since these aren't exactly kittens. OTOH, if they never produce for me, I've got four nice snakes. =)

So, what does everyone think? What would make a good mate for her and a good breeding project?

edit > stupid Yahoo. We'll see if this works, moved it to my attbi account.

Old 02-03-2003, 07:58 AM   #2
meretseger
I can't see the pic, maybe the site's temporarily down.
Those morphs are all greek to me, so I can't really help, though.

Erin B.

Old 02-05-2003, 02:31 AM   #3
Ed Lilley
That is a great looking female, I'd go for a hypo male, those pinks and and blueish striping on a hypo would be sweet.

Old 02-18-2003, 04:21 AM   #4
BrianB
Thanks. I've decided to save my pennies for a super salmon from Mike Wilbanks. I figure worse case, I get all salmons, and I might get some wild pink color in some of them too, depending on how the pastel trait is passed. (I'm not convinced it's a straight co-dominant trait, but if it acts a little like one, I'd be very happy.)

Old 03-12-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
MSL
Pick an albino!

Sorry about the late post, just read your thread. But if you're still taking responses please consider an albino. I saw a picture of what Jeff Ronne called an Albino pastel and it was killer...my dream snake.

Meryl

Old 05-03-2003, 03:15 AM   #6
BrianB
Hi, sorry for the late reply to your late reply. =)

I think I'm going to go with a salmon. Definate super if I can find one, or possible super if not. I'm not too interested in the albinos at this point.

I've got to get a new pic of her up, she's really coloring up nicely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!