Bad Guy BEWARE OF PIJAC!!!! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #91
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
Who is the "big breeders" market?
Small time hobby breeders.
Who will buy the high end morphs? Petco and Petsmart? They barely sell their normals. Small pet stores? They MIGHT have a pastel in, but rarely move anything but normals.
I can't see the big breeders cutting their own throat. Whatever else they may be, they are busnessmen(women), and would not cut off the main source of buyers!
It was really just a Brain Fart....The real point was to show that there would be motive for them to control the market and I think it could be done without them suffering too much in the beginning. Do I think this is honestly the case? No, do I know for sure it isn't No.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #92
Wolfy-hound
But my point was that there would be NO market for most of their snakes, if they have no small breeders to buy their stock. It wouldn't be "in the beginning", it would be "the end", unless they want to produce nothing but cheap normals.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #93
jasballs
Quote:
But my point was that there would be NO market for most of their snakes, if they have no small breeders to buy their stock. It wouldn't be "in the beginning", it would be "the end", unless they want to produce nothing but cheap normals.
Do you know pastel males still go for 4-5 hundred in germany? No market? OK..

Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #94
natsamjosh
Quote:
That's exactly the consipiracy theory or worst case scenario, controlling the production of cheap normal balls and cheap colubrids (ie, what Petco and Petsmart sell.) It's not "big breeders" that are in on the conspiracy, but the BIG SUPPLIERS to Petco and Petsmart. Big breeders of high end snakes would get screwed also.

Again, I'm not saying I believe this will happen, just trying to explain what is being discussed. I don't think it's wrong to discuss a worst-case scenario.

Thanks,
Ed

Old 05-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #95
Wolfy-hound
Jas, seriously? How many small breeders sell overseas?
How many have managed to get CITES certified, and certified to ship overseas?
The big breeders already HAVE the major market overseas.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #96
jasballs
Quote:
LMAO! You need to read up more on this stuff. Dont you know how EASY it is now to certified? Anyone can do it..

Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #97
AvandisFifth187
Quote:
And one more point. Where do you think the big breeders get a large number of the lower end animals that they supply to Petco and Petsmart? They buy them from smaller breeders in wholesale lots.
Thank you.

Without "small time" breeders, the so called "big time" breeders don't really have much going. The "small" and "medium" timers are the majority of business in the market.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #98
lanceheads
Quote:
Theresa,
It IS very easy. Cities III covers most of the pet snakes, i.e. Ball's etc.
Getting snakes back from Hamm is VERY easy!

Randal

Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #99
ToshaMc
Quote:
With the new system it is very easy for anyone to ship overseas and without the long wait there used to be.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #100
RJK890
If I am understanding this whole conspiracy theory correctly:
T
he "Big Breeders" would still be able to breed and sell their animals.
They just may not be able to sell them directly to us. They will only be able to sell them to the "Big Chain Pet Stores," and that is who "Joe the Plumber" (you and I) will be able to purchase from.

Petco may not have morphs now, and have a hard time moving their normals for $29.99, but when KS, Fauna, and BP.net are gone, you and I can be arrested for breeding our animals, and the "Big Breeders" can not sell directly to us but have to go through them as the middle man that will change.

Then without the "Bush League Breeders" and their animals in the market the double plus mutation animals will hold their value better for the wealthy, and overseas collectors.

I don't buy it. How does this even belong on the BOI? Great facticious discussion thread, but not BOI material, IMO. Really, is this the kind of fear and propaganda that we should be spreading when everyone's incubators are full. Talk about killing the market!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!