Bad Guy BEWARE OF PIJAC!!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
Joe Hiduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
Is it not a fact Joe, that you was involved with NRIP drafts several years ago? And you are working with the ones I speak of?

Simple questions Joe.
I believe the document was on draft two or three when I got involved. It was very close to the final format when I got involved. I sat in on a couple conference calls. I offered some suggestions on language in some sections. I also wrote some guidelines and checklists to help people that wanted to participate. I think the guidelines here http://pijac.org/_documents/sopguide_comp.pdf are one of the documents I wrote. I believe I was on Bill's payroll at the time and I was paid by him to put some time into the project. That was six years ago, and I haven't received anything from Bill since then, and I have never received any compensation from PIJAC for anything I've done.

My only involvement with PIJAC is that I'm a member. I've sent out HR669 updates to my current and future tropical fish customers and encouraged them to oppose the bill and to support PIJAC. If PIJAC's stance on a white list changes than I will email the same people and ask them to reconsider supporting PIJAC.

Joe Hiduke

Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Alicia

I agree that the fee structure is two burdensome on the small hobbyist. Everyone needs to step back and realize that the program is not yet in place. The current structure is a draft that can be amended and reworked as needed. Sending your comments to PIJAC in a civil and professional manner will undoubtedly have a much more favorable effect than simply attacking the large names in the industry with no evidence will as was done in the first post on this thread
Thanks John.

I dont want to see this outright attacked. Its a good idea, But needs the small time hobbyists imput. We can still WORK with this.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
varnyard
If it is not true, and they are not creating a white list, then let them come forward with the truth. If they are creating a white list and using funds dontated by us little guys to support it, let it be seen as well.

All I want is the truth from the leading members of PIJAC.

USARK stated what they think, and they are fighting for us, why is it that PIJAC is so slow to do the same?

Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
shrap
I dont know what is factual and what aint at this point. I have been hearing all kinds of things from many different sources. But what I do know is that any law passed will not change how I do things. Even if that means breeding and selling illegally. I am done letting this poor excuse for a government eat away my personal freedoms. I have done nothing but bend and give and bend and give for the last 20 years. I just cant bend no more. I love my country but my government can kiss my ass.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #25
sschind
first of all I don't recall seeing anything from either PIJAC or USARK that said the bill was dead. It seems to me that both organizations indicated somethingto the effect that we may have won this round but the bill will be back.

Second, I didn't see anything in the NRIP that was so bad. It's a voluntary thing. The marine fish hobby has something similar (I believe it is called MAC). if you follow certain conditions you can be MAC certified. If you don't or don't want to you don't have to. Sounds pretty much like the same thing to me.

The thing is, it sounds to me like the NRIP is an attempt for the industry to police itself. If more people felt this way rather than the "I got mine, the heck with you" mentality that runs rampant in this industry/hobby perhaps bills like HR669 wouldn't pose as much of a threat.

I haven't had time to read through the NRIP completely. I just skimmed it so it is possible that after reading it more carefully I will be forced to come back here and eat crow but for now, I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #26
Joe Hiduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
If it is not true, and they are not creating a white list, then let them come forward with the truth. If they are creating a white list and using funds dontated by us little guys to support it, let it be seen as well.

All I want is the truth from the leading members of PIJAC.
http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/...ony_meyers.pdf

Old 05-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #27
Mooing Tricycle
When people have time, they should be reading these things. Get the facts, so that you can make an informed decision.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #28
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post

As i said earlier, some level of regulation is a foregone conclusion. It's going to happen...plain and simple. The only question is do we simply keep offering resistance to any sort of regulation, a tactic which is doomed to fail/ Or do we, as an industry, offer an alternative, more industry friendly solution? That is the purpose of NRIP.

The question comes down to a choice between a little or a whole lot of regulation. No regulation at all is no longer a viable choice.

That's very pessimistic even if you are eventually correct. Resistance is futile.
I think that is one of the biggest disappointing mindsets of our time. We are doomed to fail no matter the effort made. I would certainly like to beleive that is incorrect.

You give a little this time then you give a little the next round of regulations and then the next.

No, I disagree. You do both. You resist any regulation and still propose more friendlier alternatives. Then you oppose those. Lower the government's bar.

It's only a foregone conclusion if you let it happen. Propose all you want, but I say no to any compromise. You fight each bill that comes up with the same passion as the last even if it was something proposed by the "industry".

Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #29
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

I say no to any compromise. You fight each bill that comes up with the same passion as the last even if it was something proposed by the "industry".
I can agree there. Ill fight the laws till the bitter end. there, in my opinion ( since my state has GREAT reptile laws for the most part) is no reason for federal legislation on this subject.

I wont necessarily oppose an opt in program that reminds me of the AKC ( Thanks Theresa *On BP.net*) depending on how things are worded and applied.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #30
AF Exotics
I think it is time to recognize the inevitable.Our cash starved country has a cash starved government that sees an opportunity to make much needed funds from a new tax revenue base.

This is a simple negotiation strategy,you ask for the Sun and the Moon(Ban and restrict)and settle for the Sky and the Stars(Regulation and Taxation).Somewhere along the lines,compromise will have to be made,THE DEGREE OF COMPROMISE IS WHAT IS AT STAKE RIGHT NOW.

Some people will choose to do things based solely on personal gain,as they have a fiduciary responsibility to their family.What I humbly believe is that that is a relatively small community that will fail if it becomes too fragmented.You know what they say about a house divided.I believe Mr.Hill's concerns are warranted.I think we all should be able to put the two organizations under the microscope and see what is really going on before anymore is said.This place is the perfect place for it.

We can also negotiate as a community,not all agreeing,but like-minded enough to defend our hobby and livelihood,no matter desription which you fall under.Time for some transparency.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!