Bad Guy BEWARE OF PIJAC!!!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #71
jasballs
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano View Post
Actually, if you think about Shadera, it's brilliance! While we are so busy fighting with each other about who has done more for the hobby, "big brother" can slip one past us while we are other wise engaged.

What also bothers me about this whole rumor mill situation. If, let's say a big "if" these rumors even have a shred of truth to them, who would benefit from them? Not the big boys nor the hobbiest.

If our rights are taken away, who would the so called elite sell to? Each other? I don't think so scooter. We need them as much as they need us. The squeaky wheel might get the oil first, but, who is holding the proverbial "oil can"???? Why are that's who!!!

We as a whole community need to stick together. Boa keepers, bp keepers, dragon, leo, frog, and turtle keepers need to be united in our interests!

United we stand, however, if we are separate in our interest's, separately we will fall. One breed at a time.
We as in the USA WE? or We as in the Over seas (that spend way more money on things) We? I'm still not liken it!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #72
RJK890
What perfect timing for a thread like this...

Last year it was FL passing the ROC legislature, and the BS propaganda about "Global Warming" making it possible for Burms and other exotic animals to establish themselves in 2/3 of the U.S.
We compromised.
I'm not sure what we got in return, but we gave up some freedom.
(What was that about asking for the Sun and the Moon, and settling for the Stars and the Sky.)

This year it is HR669, and all of the other bills.
They will get Iran to scrap their nuclear program before they take my animals.

I wonder how all of this is going to effect the market this year.
I mean who wants to drop $8k on a Dreamsicle, or $18k on a Panda Pied, if it's going to be illegal to breed it or take it across state lines in six months.

Seems to me, the worst thing for this industry right now is to panic and to spread this fear throughout the hobby just in time for hatching season.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #73
shrap
[Begin ominous background music]

Beware of EVERYONE....

[End ominous background music]

Old 05-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #74
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
[Begin ominous background music]

Beware of EVERYONE....

[End ominous background music]

Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #75
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
What perfect timing for a thread like this...

Last year it was FL passing the ROC legislature, and the BS propaganda about "Global Warming" making it possible for Burms and other exotic animals to establish themselves in 2/3 of the U.S.
We compromised.
I'm not sure what we got in return, but we gave up some freedom.
(What was that about asking for the Sun and the Moon, and settling for the Stars and the Sky.)

This year it is HR669, and all of the other bills.
They will get Iran to scrap their nuclear program before they take my animals.I wonder how all of this is going to effect the market this year.
I mean who wants to drop $8k on a Dreamsicle, or $18k on a Panda Pied, if it's going to be illegal to breed it or take it across state lines in six months.

Seems to me, the worst thing for this industry right now is to panic and to spread this fear throughout the hobby just in time for hatching season.

Randal Berry

Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #76
AF Exotics
Well,at the risk of being redundant.I will simply ask again.What are the intention and ideas of these two organizations,and could someone get them to represent themselves here in an open fashion.

No ambiguous mission statement.Just the strategy to combat the current opposition we face.Hope someone from one or both of these organization's steps forward.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #77
TattooLost
The way I see it, the intention of both industries is to make money. lobbyists make money pandering to senators. the business' thrive on our donations to keep running, and of course the CEO's and chairmen gotta get paid and have their travel expenses covered, right? Gotta eat and wine and dine senators right? I think they're both just battling it out for donations, and the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if USARK isn't starting some of this to get more people mailing checks their way?

The rational side of me kinda doubts it, but who knows. Stranger things have certainly happened. Especially in this industry.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #78
brd7666
I don't post much in these kinds of things because of all the stupid drama that follows. Stop fighting and open your eyes and ears.

The person who started this thread had the courage to come out and say something. I have personaly made a whole bunch of phone calls and I will tell you that the main reason people won't come out and say what is going on behind the scenes is because of the FEAR OF A LAW SUIT. There is big time money backing what is going on right now. Most of which is taking place under the table. The SNAKE and GECKO MILLS are the people who are going to benifit if the COMPROMISE that is being worked on is passed. The small breeder will be gone. Reptile shows and internet sales are being blamed for the iresponsible pet owners who turn their reptiles loose. They are claiming that those are impulse buyers. Big money is saying that responsible pet owners buy their pet from a reputable pet store (BIG MONEY, OR BIG CHAIN). They are trying to ban all internet sales as well as reptile shows. The SNAKE and GECKO MILLS will benefit greatly from this. WHO DO YOU THINK MAKES UP THE COMMITEE MEMBERS?????????? The committee is made up of what is called REPTILE INDUSTRY LEADERS. Most of which have seen better financial days by the way. This is real so stop fighting with each other and get ready for the big battle that is on its way.

As for the rodents, here is a sample of what is being proposed right now. As most of you know dog, cat ,people, and whatever food has to pass an inspection. FDA, Food and drug Administration. Guess what's next, Yep, RODENTS. The crap that is on the table now will require commercial rodent breeders to breed rodents in labatory conditions. Stainless steel caging, bedding changed at least twice a week. As well as breeding stock being checked by a vet on a regular basis to get health certificates. This will force some commercial rodent breeders out and drive the cost of a rodent up a lot. Did I mention that the committee has at least one of the biggest rodent breeders around?? I don't think it will affect the back yard breeder that breeds their own rodents for personal use because they are not selling them.

In closing.

I WOULD LOVE TO PUT THE NAMES UP HERE OF THESE PEOPLE I AM REFERING TO. I WILL NOT PUT MYSELF IN A POSITION TO WHERE I HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF IN A COURT OF LAW. IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE VIOLATED THE TERMS OF THE BOI THEN YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD, I HAVE BIGGER WORRIES RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN QUOTE WHATEVER I HAVE SAID. YOU CAN CALL ME WHATEVER YOU LIKE. YOU CAN CRITISIZE ME OR MAKE FUN OF MY SPELLING. I DO NOT CARE. WHAT I CARE ABOUT IS THIS HOBBY AND WHAT IS TAKING PLACE. BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT, BELIEVE WHO YOU WANT. THERE IS A LOT AT STAKE RIGHT NOW. IF WE ARE GOING TO WIN THEN WE NEED TO BE ONE. AND IN MY PERSONAL BELIEFS I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND JOINING USARK.

Thank you.
Brian Dierking

Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #79
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Most of which is taking place under the table.

I understand what you are saying. But if this is all 'under the table' how do you know about it?

You say you've made a bunch of phone calls. So far, why would that be more than the perpetration of unfounded rumor?

I agree we should all work together better than we do in this industry, and that would make us stronger. But if you are, without more, excluding 'big money' from the 'together', it won't be together. Everyone has their own special interest, big money, small money, and so on. But I think before excluding some party from the 'together' there should be more than phone calls involved.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #80
shrap
If there really is a small group of industry big boys selling out all the small and hobbyist breeders it truly is a sad thing. On many levels. But most importantly, do these people not realize how many families they would be ruining? I mean look at the 100's of small breeders, food breeders, supply manufacturers, etc, etc out there that would go belly up. What is a few thousand more bankrupt, homeless and hungry people in good ole America?

What kind of people would do that to so many for nothing more than their own financial gain? And I am talking about families here. 100's, if not 1000's, that would be completely devastated. This would truly be a tragedy and one that is becoming all too common place in this country.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!