Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #12
ES Tropicals
kevin smith?

is this the kevin smith in oregon that owes me a bunch of garter snakes or $250 from about 3 years ago?..
erik spisak
es tropcials

Old 11-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #13
schlegelii
Kevin Smith 2004

sure is. I'll post the important e-mail later today.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:49 AM   #14
nathan12345
i found this i dont know if it is true so kevin iam not saying you are a scam but here you got i didnt read it so

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=14736

Old 11-14-2004, 11:59 AM   #15
The BoidSmith
Important e-mail exchange

Quote:
sure is. I'll post the important e-mail later today.
Jeremy,

At least from my perspective I'm not interested in "all" e-mail exchange such as guaranteed rodent feeder, etc. As sggested by Tanith's personal experience (and it seems quite extensive I'll have to say), cobras can suddenly decide to change feeding habits in the presence of stressors. So whatever was said around that topic can be an endless discussion and speculation.

What I would really like to see is the exchange of e-mails as it relates to the shipping of the animal. Your quote:

Quote:
Fist the king ( a six footer) was shipped UPS some thing that is very illegal and very dangerous, kevin states " I have never had a problem before". Delta shipping was included in the price of the snake, not UPS.
That affects us all as an industry, as well as the future of internet sales and shipping of live reptiles.

Thanks.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:12 PM   #16
snakegetters
If I was selling a king cobra and had to ship it, I would not care to guarantee that this animal would feed on rodents once it reached its destination. I might say that it ate unscented rodents for me, and show photos of it eating rodents, but I would warn the buyer that kings are picky, neurotic animals that can freak out over being bagged and shipped. I would warn the buyer to be prepared to give veterinary support, assist feeding and care to a stressed, non feeding animal. If they could not show that they were prepared to do those things, I wouldn't ship them a king in the first place.

Sometimes you get lucky and a king will eat right out of the bag. Sometimes you look at a king cross eyed or clean its cage wrong and it sulks for months and won't eat anything but Asian rat snakes even if it was taking ball pythons previously.

I'd give excellent odds that a well established rodent feeder, especially a captive born one habituated to human handling, would remain so after shipping. A wild caught animal that was still "spooky" and easily stressed, not such good odds that a stress event might not cause significant disturbance in its behavior.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #17
oreganus
Question I posted on the other thread....

maybe the moderator can combine the threads or something. This is getting rediculous. What Jeremy fails to acknowledge in his lies and fictionous stories about the circumstances involved here, is that I offered right on the public forum for everyone to read, I would buy the snake back if it was sent COD through delta. The more amazing thing that everyone should note is that Jeremy has all this time to post on all these different threads, but didn't have time to snap one current photo of the king? Does anyone else find it strange that on three different occasions the snake would have been bought back on the condition of simply showing a current picture of the snake, but three times Jeremy has refused to do so? I have yet to hear or read an answer from him on that one. Please enlighten us all Jeremy and let us know what your reasons are for not being able to get a current picture of the snake in over 6 mos time??
Kevin Smith

Old 11-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
The e-mail exchange please!

Well...Until Jeremy posts the e-mail exchange this is getting more confusing by the minute. Jeremy states he paid for shipping Delta and the snake was shipped (according to him) UPS. Kevin, shipped the snake UPS (always according to Jeremy) but he requests that he will buy it back if it's shipped to him Delta. E-mails please...And to leave both parties happy, the king's picture also.

Old 11-14-2004, 02:12 PM   #19
oreganus
Lightbulb tell me about it.....

Jeremy never paid shipping at all and like I said, I would be more than happy to buy the snake back, but I am not going to blindly send $800 to him without any precautions on my part. It seems very strange to me that he can take all the time to post all these lies(and twisted truths), but he could not do a simple thing like take two seconds to snap a current pic of the snake and have it done and over with. I hope everyone can see why I am only accepting the snake Delta COD now. If he wants to get the snake taken care of like he is trying to convince everyone on here, why not take the snake to Delta and get it done and over with? He has to go to delta and ship it anyways, so what is the problem, he gets his money and I get the snake.
Kevin Smith

Old 11-14-2004, 02:18 PM   #20
Wilomn
kevin, all else aside, did you or did you not ship that king UPS?

Either you did or you didn't. Which is it? Please provide proof, you must have some.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!