Hi, I'm new here, couple questions...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #1
FireDrake
Talking Hi, I'm new here, couple questions......

I just got a pair of Mali Uros, at least, I hope it's a pair. I have my doubts about the female cuz her femoral pores arent tiny, can I post a pic here to get some opinions? And, how do I do that? She is around a year and a half at best guess and weighs 130 grams, is that normal?

Thanks
FireDrake

Old 07-14-2004, 03:23 AM   #2
Glenn Bartley
Sarah,

If the photo is saved on your pc as a file, then next time you post to this thread just scroll down a bit below the text box in which yoy write your post and you will see and area on left that is titled Attach File and tot he right of that a browse button. Click on browse, find your file and highlight it, then click open. That should place the name of the picture file in the box next to where it said browse. When you then submit your post, it should contain the pic.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
FireDrake
Not workin

I tried using the attach pics thing, I didnt work. Can I really post a pic straigt from my harddrive? You cant do it that way on kingsnake.
I'll try again

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
FireDrake
Talking got it!!

np

Old 07-14-2004, 09:51 PM   #5
Gromph Baenre
just my observation

Ms./Mrs. Kramer,
In regards to your first post asking about the weight and age of your female uro, 130 grams is a very good weight for the age of the uro you specified. What is the length of your supposed female?
From the picture you posted, its rather difficult to tell. Have you noticed any waxy substance seeping from the pores? Also if you have the time could you post a pic of its head? That can help as well. And just one more question, how does the other mali behave around this one, and vice versa?
On first glance, I would say its a female.

Good day

Carson Grindstaff

Old 07-15-2004, 01:16 AM   #6
Glenn Bartley
Guess it worked

Old 07-15-2004, 08:40 PM   #7
FireDrake
m or f?

I'm not sure how long she is, I havent measured, I'm going to attempt to attach two pics here, bear with me....
I hope she's a female!
Thanks!

Attached Images

Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #8
FireDrake
oh yeah...

I havent seen any waxy substance, but then again I dont hold her a lot, she's kinda wild still. She is in with an adult male uro who completely ignores her. I got her from people I trust, but I was just surprised to see how big some of those pores were, and I really dont have anything to compare her to except the adult male. He's black with yellow markings on his back, and I heard they were sexually dimorphic, but I have seen pics of adult females that were black, so I am pretty confused now and the people on Kingsnake.com were absolutly no help. So thank you so much for helping me with this!!

Old 07-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #9
Gromph Baenre
Thank you for taking the pictures. She looks very healthy. The reason I asked for a head shot, is because sometimes the structure of the head is different in males and females. As the male matures their head tends to have a triangular shape as you look down on them. The female will have a rounded head structure. During the spring time of the year and up to early summer a mature male of the species will secrete a waxy substance from those femoral pores. Theres no mistaking it. Females, as far as I have observed, do not secrete this waxy substance. Males, will do this little head bob, push up action as they approach the female. Males will also do this chasing there tail on their basking rock and in other parts of their enclosure. I believe this might be a marking of the territory so to speak. I believe you have a female, but I am by no means an expert. I would just watch how she and the male interact around each other, particularly next spring. If you spot any aggressive behaviour, I would most definitely seperate them. Mr. Bartley was in this thread earlier, perhaps he can add something that would assist us in determining the sex. Would you care to lend your opinion or observation on the matter Sir?

I will also check with a fellow Uro enthusist whose knowledge far surpasses mine. Regardless, I think you have a very fine looking, healthy Uro on your hands. If your time permits, posts pics of the male in the photo gallery. I would love to see him.

Good day,

Carson Grindstaff

Old 07-15-2004, 10:59 PM   #10
FireDrake
thanks!!

Thank you so much for all your help, but now I fear that my male isnt a male? He isnt producing any wax either, i think???
Here he is.
The white scar is from a burn, he got it a couple years ago I think. Before I got him.

Thanks!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!