Placing an ad: 101 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
hhmoore
Placing an ad: 101

I was going to go with the "for idiots" (you know - the yellow & black instructional book titles) theme; but decided too many of the intended recipients might take it personally...so I figured ":101" is widely recognizable as the basics.

There are a lot of new members posting really pathetic ads (at least if they want to sell things); but the practice is by no means confined to new users - people that have been around for years are getting horribly lazy, too.

Step 1: Decide what you are selling. (Simple, right?)

Step 2: Use the ad's title to indicate to potential buyers what it is that you are selling.
(Apparently this is a little more difficult; because there are A LOT of people out there that can't manage to do it. If you are posting 4 different color/pattern varieties of the same species, in 4 different ads; don't use the same generic title for each ad...and misspelling a word in different ways doesn't mean you changed the title.)
example:
- GOOD
Adult male hypo motley boa - proven breeder
- POOR
gecko for sell, ball 4 sell, etc

Step 3: Provide information about the animal, including price

Step 4: Provide contact information - how do you want people to reach you?

Step 5: PUT THE PICTURES IN YOUR AD
If you're including a bunch of animals in one ad, it's acceptable to show a few, and provide others to interested parties...but not including any pictures simply doesn't make sense. There aren't many people that are going to purchase sight unseen; so save yourself the aggravation of having to email the pics over and over again. Besides, a lot of buyers are wary of sellers that won't include pictures in the ad. Personally, it would be rare for me to even consider contacting a person that doesn't include images in their ad(s); and I know a lot of other people feel the same way.

Step 5(B): Don't use images pulled off the internet, or from another person's ad(s)...Talk about waving a red flag that says "Don't buy from me"

Step 6: If you don't close your ad, be attentive to replies.