Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #91
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Quite frankly, I think some people just resist change, no matter what it is. I could change ANYTHING here, and a certain subset will be whining and complaining about it.
Not true... I never said a word about the full name rule in the BOI or Classifieds.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #92
hhmoore
FWIW, my own preference would be to shut down responses entirely...but I agree that it is probably better for the site to trial allowing contributing members to post in ads. If this turns out to be detrimental to the site, Rich CAN go back to the status quo...but I don't put this change on par with paid classifieds.
A quick scan of today's posts showed that this step didn't totally eliminate the problems - not that it was expected to. Hopefully, though, Contributing Members will put more value on their accounts, and heed the infractions/warnings better than the Registered Members have.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #93
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post
So if I lock my ad, like some bad guys do, then it is reasonable to assume I am hiding something, but if you don't disclose your location, like some bad guys do, then it doesn't mean anything? What a hypocrite.

Actually, it appears you need all the help you can get.
When you walk in my shoes.. then you can talk. I bet most of the folks that want to bust me out about my decision wouldn't last one week in my shoes.. .and I've been doing this for over 6 years.

As for you locking your ads. I dont know you... and I wouldn't buy from you. My train of thought is... what is he hiding. Maybe that comes with my job. I dunno

Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #94
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post

Im just trying to inpart a different side of the coin.
And that's good, it is always healthy to have different perspectives. But I think it is going to work out OK. Let's give it time and see.

Sometimes, a little time and a little trust will allow ideas to blossom. I have no doubt that if in a couple months it isn't working, it can and will be changed. Flexibility and the willingness to try new things is a positive attribute.
Nothing that is taking place right now is so permanent that it will alter the face of the universe for all time.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #95
bsharrah
Quote:
When you walk in my shoes.. then you can talk. I bet most of the folks that want to bust me out about my decision wouldn't last one week in my shoes.. .and I've been doing this for over 6 years.
There you go assuming again. I have been working behind the walls for 11 years. It doesn't entitle us to be treated any differently.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #96
Southern Wolf
If that is the case.. then you should understand where Im coming from. I've had real threats at work and inmates coming at me with weapons. We get to carry nothing.. not even spray to protect ourselves. Why would I want to make it easier for them to find me on the outside.

Like I said... I know Im not gonna change the staff's mind. Been thru this before.... but I dang sure aint part of the sheeple crowd that will follow everything blindly without saying something.

As Rich pointed out earlier... this change doesn't affect me in the least. I no longer sale animals here because I sold my business. But I do have a right to speak my peace. Do I not?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #97
WebSlave
Let's try not to get into a personal pissing duel, gentlemen.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #98
bsharrah
Quote:
If that is the case.. then you should understand where Im coming from. I've had real threats at work and inmates coming at me with weapons. We get to carry nothing.. not even spray to protect ourselves. Why would I want to make it easier for them to find me on the outside.
You are missing the point completely. Just as I should not assume you are hiding something by not disclosing your location, you should not assume I, or anyone else, is hiding something by locking their ads.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #99
Dennis Hultman
This point has been made by several.

Quote:
So when are the ones causing problems gonna get to take some responsibility for their actions. Their actions are causing everyone else to take responsibility for it.

Let me just add that it isn't just a select few. Take all the people that register and don't read the announcements or any of the sticky threads in the classifieds. It is more like the few that take the time to read the rules for posting.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #100
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I put no stock in the trader rating system... but that's just me. The only people that can leave a rating are paying members... and how many times have we had sales to non-paying members that could have left a rating (both good or bad) otherwise.

Well for years anyone could add to the trader ratings and people started putting less stock in it because people abused it by giving themselves fake ratings under shill accounts.

If anything, I put more stock in it than before and similar rating systems on every other site. You know these people had a transaction. Nobody is going to keep paying Contributor memberships to inflate their own rating. Most certainly is one of the more reliable ways to get a feel for someone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!