Bad Guy Steve Schaffner or SSchaffner scammed me - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #11
Lucille
Jake, if you have not yet done so, start a dispute through Paypal today because after a certain amount of time you can no longer open a dispute. If you can escalate it immediately, do so. Whatever you do do not close the dispute before you have money in hand, once closed it cannot be reopened ordinarily.

It does not matter whether he has money if you win the dispute, PayPal will refund you and then go after him for reimbursement.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #12
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Reptiles View Post
More lied from Steven. He sent me a "refund" through PayPal and assured me it was going to go through. Even though I was skeptical because of his negative $6000 paypal account. Well surprise that the day it should of cleared, it didnt. Now he is giving me excuses that his bank thought it was fraud, and that they got it figured out. I doubt it, its probably more lies.
I wouldn't believe a refund was coming unless he was sending a postal money order.

If you haven't already, file a dispute.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #13
JK-Reptiles
Unfortunately I am the idiot that sent it to him friends and family, so I believe nothing can be done that way. I should have known better, and I made the mistake.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #14
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Reptiles View Post
Unfortunately I am the idiot that sent it to him friends and family, so I believe nothing can be done that way. I should have known better, and I made the mistake.
If you backed the payment up with a credit card you may be able to get it back that way. If you used your PayPal balance or a linked bank account then it's less likely.

Old 09-05-2018, 06:45 PM   #15
JK-Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
If you backed the payment up with a credit card you may be able to get it back that way. If you used your PayPal balance or a linked bank account then it's less likely.
Yea i unfortunately used my paypal balance

Old 09-05-2018, 10:36 PM   #16
tlmoon
Shoot, another victim of the friends and family thing. It can be an expensive way to 'save' on the 3% fee. Well, at least you'll know next time.

If a seller is fixated on the 3% thing, (which is still not ok with paypal btw - it's the seller's fee to pay) you can always add the 3% to the cost and pay the right way. That way you are still protected.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:38 AM   #17
Frieds76
Steve is Strange

Last year, Steve purchased a Yellow Bellied Slider from me. Several days later, he sent me telling me how pleased he is with the turtle. His message included a photo of Steve mating with the poor turtle.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #18
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieds76 View Post
Steve is Strange
Which Steve is strange, there are two of you?

Old 09-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #19
tlmoon
Clearly, someone with legal issues, debt issues, jail issues, and now a report of.....let's just say strange behavior with a turtle, has a lot of opportunity for personal growth and development before becoming someone that anyone should do business with.

Sounds like he's ripped off the OP, who doesn't have much recourse. This is definitely bad guy/scammer behavior. I'm glad this thread is up to warn others.

Old 09-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #20
snakesareawesome
I have seen someone report that despite friends and family, they still received a refund. I don't know if it is common or not, but you should still try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!