annoying - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
pogonadragon
annoying

So a woman was supposed to come and pick up one of our beardies yesterday. She lives a couple hours away so I figured she'd be about 3 hours or so since the time she called to get here. She was going to call when she got near where we are and get directions from there. She never called. Yesterday there seemed to be lots of really bad drivers out so my husband and I started wondering if something happened... well, I emailed today asking if she still wanted the guy. Well, she responded shortly after and said yeah, but that her daughter had gotten car sick on the way down so she went back home. Ok, so we waited ALL day and never got a phone call saying they weren't coming. Is it just my husband and I or is that extremely rude?
Just wondering.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Lucille
She should have called. But depending how old the child was and how sick she got, the mom may have gotten overwhelmed by making her child feel better and getting the car cleaned out.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
Chris@TSE
yeah, i would not read too much into this. these things happen, sure it stinks, but sometimes the issues at hand can be overwhelming and the thought to notify you may have been forgotten.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
jsrocket
I agree with Angelica. Not taking 30 seconds to notify someone who's waiting on you is patently rude.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
coyote
Thoughtless and inconsiderate seems to be the status quo these days.
Really, how long would it have taken to notify you of the change?

Old 11-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #6
Jim O
She should have called. She waited until the next day when she had received an e-mail. Common courtesy. Angelica's time is just as valuable to Angelica as this other person's time is to her.

I have three children and if one of mine was "car sick" I think I would have managed a call. It wasn't as if it was some life threatening catastrophe.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:33 AM   #7
Junkyard
Common courtesy does not exist much in the world today. I have had things similar happen me, never heard back from the people. I still even have the boa too, all well their loss not mine.

I try to always inform those I am meeting to make sure they know I am on my way or if we need to reschedule, I don't wait until they contact me. Such is life I guess.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #8
coyote
Has there been a change of heart?
Has the buyer actually changed her mind? It sometimes happens at the 11th hour and sometimes people create excuses to avoid coming clean.

I am not devoid of compassion. But if it were me and my son I'd pull over to give him an opportunity to air out his head and his stomach to calm. Then I'd give him a bucket or bag, have him roll down the window and continue.

Once we got there and had the animal, I'd stop for some dramamine and go back home.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 PM   #9
pogonadragon
See, it's not about not caring about her child, but it's more a matter of, for ANYONE waiting on a "buyer", their time is important/valuable and telling someone you are going to call and then never do is rude/inconsiderate. Oh well, I think she's a flake. I emailed asking if she still wanted the lizard and she said oh yeah, use my UPS account, yada yada... and when I asked her about the account info I haven't heard back. Oh well, as I already said, I think she's a flake and isn't gutsy enough to just say she's changed her mind. We'll see I guess.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #10
coyote
Angelica, I get the impression that you think I was criticising you or implying that you didn't care about the child.

This is not my intention. I was just adding what my solution to a sick kid would be and didn't want to get flamed for being "discompassionate".

My instincts tell me that this buyer has changed her mind and hasn't been able to be up front about it. Offering excuses and being soft on the commitment to buy is still bad etiquette.

I am concerned about the level of commitment a person who behaves this way would have to the animal. How easily is s/he to avoid responsibility when faced with inconvenience?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!