Exotic pets. Bad business/bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Common King Lover
Exotic pets. Bad business/bad guy

I bought a Easren milk from the for $90 bucks and $50 something shipping. The snake was malnourished, wouldn't eat and infested with mites. Even after getting rid of the mites, the snake died. So after calling Exotic pets and talking with the owner, Ken I explained the situation and wanted my money back. Was told he couldn't do that, but would give me another snake of equal value or one worth more if I payed the differance. Didn't leave me with much choice. So I picked out a brooksi (nice looking king) for $70 bucks, $20 for the snake and $50 for shipping. Well guess what the snake got here a few days later, once again the snake was malnourished and covered with mites, nice guy huh? Again after getting rid of the mites by rinsing them off, useing Prevent a Mite and Reptile Relief that got rid of all the mites, but the king is still in isolation from my other 24 kings and milks, but at least I got him to start feeding!

I warn all of you from doing business with Exotic Pets in Las Vegas NV.

Common King Lover

Old 03-30-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Cat_72
Have you informed Ken of this thread? He is a member here, and to be honest I'm a bit surprised, he has a few pretty long "good guy" threads here already.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=Exotic

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ghlight=Exotic

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=Foose

To be fair, the was one other "Bad Guy" thread, but if you read through it, well....you'll see that it doesn't really seem to turn out that way, and the OP is kind of a known "Bad guy" himself.

Not doubting your deal, just curious as to the whole story.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Junkyard
I am kind of surprised. I have met Ken a couple of times, done business and I have even been to his shop. Do you have any pictures of the snakes with the mites?

I do not quite follow the transaction for the second snake, did you pay for it even with a replacement guarantee from Ken?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Cat_72
I did send Ken a PM informing him of this thread.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
Junkyard
Have you informed Ken about this thread?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Junkyard
You beat me Cathy.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
MRC31
I have traded with Ken a few times and have been very happy with his animals. I also recommend him to my friends.
I have a hard time believing he would send out malnourished snakes. Mites do happen from time to time in the hobby, but I highly doubt he would send out snakes that were infested with them.
Please post some pics.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:45 PM   #8
varnyard
Well I would like to ask Ken about this ad, there are no breeders of these in the US that I know of, are these wild caught animals being sold as CBs? Sure looks like it.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Well I would like to ask Ken about this ad, there are no breeders of these in the US that I know of, are these wild caught animals being sold as CBs? Sure looks like it.
It might be CB on a farm or an import that came in laid eggs. Seems a lot of people are using CB for that description instead of the CB moniker which most of us would assume to be born here.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
varnyard
What happen to the good old days? WC were captive hatched or wild caught/ farm raised imports.

Captive bred, were CBs, now we have CBBs, why? Captive bred means just that, so Ken are they imports?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!