Chuck Tornetta - Big trade deal gone south - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:30 PM   #31
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Classic Dum's, would you please elaborate? You are obviously trying to discredit Jeremy Stone. Not a problem as long as you are telling the facts as you know them instead of innuendo.
Jermy had a deal with Chuck for the snow and Chuck wound up trading it to Dallas. SO my point is maybe Jermy is pissed beause he wanted the snow and Dallas got it so thats why Jermy is supposidly telling Dallas, chuck is full of it. Beyond that Theres nothing to elaborate on, Jermys name isnt the one in the header. I am just simply stating to Dallas that because of some things I know about Jermy his word to me is crap. I dont care if Jermy posts on here I wouldnt trust a word he said anyway.

Rich thanks for posting that it was the ad I was thinking of. That female was born 8/03 as within the past 4-6wks????????? If that is the case then Dallas your just completly out there. The best coral in the world at 4wks not even having a second shed is going to look normal as can be. Im sorry dude but you need to get a grip. Rest assured Ill never sell anything to you. This is no differant then aquiring a Jungle carpet 6wks old from high yellow line and paying $250 for it instead of $100. At 6wks that carpet looks like crap murky black with a mudd yellow color. At 6 months that jungle will be so black and bright yellow you wont even know its the same animal. Same thing here you SEVERALLY jumped the gun. And yes since you bassing your logic off a 4wk old animal YOU dont know much if anything at all about corals. I thought we were talking about a 5 month old animal here all along. 4-6wks you complaining like that I think the heder should read "Dallas whatever a pain in the rear costumer".

Old 09-16-2003, 06:10 PM   #32
chuck tornetta reptiles
Dallas please remove this bogus thread asap

Dallas , I am not going to put up with this much longer, and i am looking into a defamation of charictor suite, i dont want this . i dont want to even be bothered with you. you got the better deal, what else do you want.
i would swap you back in a second, this female wont even eat for me. live or frozen thawed. plus you knew she had a resp thats probubly why you were selling them.
AND STOP DRAGGING JEREMY STONE INTO THIS , IT has nothing to do with him what so ever. We are not partners or nothing , all i ever said about him is that i have a deal going with him and the value of my snow going to him was 6500.00
and thats true .
your big on facts so heres one for you .
if you dont stop making me look bad for no reason on the boi. You will get a letter from my Atturney . and thats a fact.
Chuck Tornetta Reptiles i said this before , im not going to keep this going but , i just tried to call you dallas and you never pick up the phone , i dont want you to try and hurt my good name and reputation anymore,
also if anyone was thinking about buying a quality reptile from myself and since changed your mind after reading this , would you please drop me a short email. saying that , it will be helpful to my case if i have to go that route .
also i dont want anybody to think i dont have the upmost respect for Jeremy Stone , and im sorry he was drug into this by Dallas at all.
thank you ,
Chuck Tornetta
( I WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO THIS ANY MORE , AND I APOLOGIZE TO THE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM )

Old 09-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #33
Brian Oakley
amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I would have given my left (something) to get a deal like that.

Dallas, I would honestly drop this. Saying this nicely, who cares of the price one COULD have got, MIGHT have received, you got the better end of the deal regardless if 2 of the animals are not what you were told they were. There is not a person in the world that deals with snakes that would have turned down that deal unless the really didnot need them or could not house them.......and even then, they still might do it,

I am still nto sure if Chuck lied, the ad you put up on Kingsnake was not too cool either in the words you said. You could have simply put up the pair as: 1 coral and 1 normal albino. Until you have ABSOLUTE PROOF that you are right (even then the words you said would not be fair to use) there was no business in saying that.
I will go out on a limb and agree that I can see how you would be disappointed when you thought you were getting 12.5K in animals and only got 9k, but even then, until you sell ALL of the snakes and add up the money you got for them all, you have no idea what they are worth.

Just so you know, I type this calmly, "quietly" and am not bashing you. I DO think you took the wrong approach to say the least.

BE HAPPY YOU GOT WHAT YOU DID is the point I, and everyone else, is trying to make.

Brian Oakley

Old 09-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #34
Darin Chappell
Chuck,

Just so you know, Dallas does not have the capacity to remove this thread from the BOI. He can ask that it be removed, and the WebSlave has the authority to do so, but I doubt he will.

The reason threads like this are left in place is because they so very clearly show much more about the person who started it than they ever do about those the thread was originally about. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, and I wouldn't involve any attorneys either.

Defamation of character cases are extremely difficult to prove, as are libel cases. Not only must that which is written be PROVEN false (which is tough), but it must also be proven that the falsehood was told with intent to do harm (which is even tougher), AND it must be proven that you suffered a quantifiable loss of some sort (which is next to impossible).

Don't get me wrong, you can sue anyone you want, but if you are going to go that route ... do it. Don't just talk about it. The nation's deficit could be brought to $0 if we simply had a 10% income tax on all of the imaginary lawyers hired here on the BOI!

Old 09-16-2003, 06:31 PM   #35
David Reid
I have thought this for some time now, ....

I think the HEADINGS on the threads should be limited to certain text, like "Inquiry", Good deal, Bad deal, etc. When someone puts SCAM, and then a name, and the"name" comes on here and proves it was not a scam, the title, the heading still has a negative conatation attached to it. My point:

If someone puts SCAMMED by So and So!, I feel the heading should not be allowed, and it should say Bad deal with So and So.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:45 PM   #36
Darin Chappell
David,

That's how it is supposed to be done already. The rules have stated the following from the very beginning (or so close to the beginning that the vast majority of people here weren't around to know any different!):

"Topic lines should display the name of the person or business that the message is concerning and something like (BAD GUY), (INQUIRY), (INFO), or (GOOD GUY) following the name. Something like: Joe Blow's Bargain Basement Herps (GOOD GUY). Simply stating something like "Avoid this guy!" on the topic line is completely useless as it requires someone to open your message just to see what in the world you are griping about.

"The labels will be designated as the following definitions:

"(BAD GUY) - someone or some business that should be avoided. Provide FACTS supporting this opinion.

"(GOOD GUY) - someone or some business that you are recommending. Reasons are not required, but an example of your experience would be helpful.

"(INQUIRY) - you are looking for information on the listed person or business. Perhaps you are considering doing business with them and would like some feedback.

"(INFO) - this can be information of any sort about the person or business. Not necessarily good nor bad, could be something along the line of your hearing they got in a shipment of something of interest recently.

"EXAMPLE: Joe Blow's Bargain Basement Herps (GOOD GUY)

"More labels can be added as appropriate."

It's a shame people don't read the rules to the BOI before they post here. But, they never have in any real number, so I guess no one should be terribly surprised when someone doesn't!

Old 09-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #37
HerpVenue
Dallas was so quick to respond all day.

Now I post his classified ad
And
I ask him for the proof he supposedly has.
and poof he is gone.

So he will probably not be back.
So let me try to get this straight.

chuck and Dallas do trades.
Dallas gets a lot more animals than he deserves.
Dallas does not have a clue as to what kind of animals he has.
Dallas sells his animals too cheaply because he does not have a vlue what kind of animals he has.
Dallas then realizes that since he sold too cheaply........he will NEVER make the 12,500 that he thought the animals were worth.
Dallas sold the animals to cheaply because he was clueless. Now he is mad.
So he comes here to post how the animals he got were not worth 12,500 but instead worth 9,000 got it.

I have an idea. Someone send me Three albino adult boa males in trade for my salmons I just produced.
I will then sell your albinos for $100 each.
I will keep one of the albinos for myself.
Then I will run to the BOI and complain that the albinos you gave me were not $3000 adults. Rather they were only $100 dollar adults. I will then tell everyone that you scammed me. You had the odacity to charge me $3000 for the adults. When all I sold them for was $100. All because I am not greedy.

Still waiting for the proof that is "available at your fingertips"

p.s. I once read a post were someone says that the trend on the BOI is to believe the guy who posts first. A BOI member says this. Mario Stinso also says this.

Well Dallas here is proof to the contrary.
Both times he was the first to post.
Both times he was shut down.

moral of the story.
Have your stuff in a row. Tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth and you will see justice. Do something other than the aforementioned......and heaven help you.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:22 PM   #38
HerpVenue
Quote:
The pic he sent me made this animal look EXTREMELY light in color. I asked him about it and he said he was very light. I get him and he is not all that light. He is a real dirty color but he is very clean, i will say that. Anyway, i did get $600 out of him because he is a very nice animal, just not what he lead me to believe. He def charged $150 too much.
Dallas, Dallas, Dallas.
you are making this WAAAY to easy.
ANYONE with at least a little EXPERIENCE knows that boas change colors. I happen to have a 66% het for albino boa right now. She is usually on the light side. A couple days ago she turned so dark I could harldy recognize her. Well I just checked on her just now as we type this. She is slowly getting lighter again.

If you were so unhappy about this trade....Why did you sell the animals instead of sending them back?

Quote:
The two female 66% poss DH for snows were as advertised and i am not even sure if $500 is a fair price for them, but as i far as i know, it is fair.
So you are not sure if it is a fair price? Let me help you jog your memory
Quote:
0.2 2003 66% possible DH for snow boas for Sale or TRADE!
MAINE
Posted by Dallas Quarles Reptiles (Contact Me!) on September 14, 2003 at 23:34:30
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2002-09-10

I have these two female 66% possible het for snow boas for sale, born 2003. These animals were produced by Chuck Tornetta from a DH for Snow X DH for Snow breeding. These females look almost anerytheristic and acquiring both, you have a very good shot at producing SNOWS. This is a real inexpensive way of making very much profit. Chuck amd myself will both verify the possible genetics of these animals. I am selling them for $400 shipped to your door OR $500 in trade value which is actually the going price for these guysI would be interested in exceptional "Normal" BCI in trade along with cash if needed. I except cashiers checks and paypal only. Please check out my picturetrail site below of pics and call or email me for info.

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles Reptiles

Home - 207-947-9233
Cell - 207-299-5303

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...9108&members=1
Sounds to me like you were sure about two days ago.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:33 PM   #39
HerpVenue
Jiminey crickets...hey kids we having fun yet?

Quote:
The pic he sent me made this animal look EXTREMELY light in color. I asked him about it and he said he was very light. I get him and he is not all that light. He is a real dirty color but he is very clean, i will say that. Anyway, i did get $600 out of him because he is a very nice animal, just not what he lead me to believe. He def charged $150 too much.
hhhmmm you were not satisfied because you were led to believe that this animal is more than very nice. But when you got it....it was not all that...it was just "very nice"

let me see
I will bold some parts
Quote:
SOLD!!! 1.0 Ronne Pastel Exceptional BCI, possible
This male is exceptional and was produced in 2000. He is VERY clean, has a nice orange/pink/peach on his sides and has a very nice jungle pattern. He is about 4.5ft long and thick! He may be jungle or may not be. I got him from Chuck Tornetta in a very large trade deal and Jeremy Stone told Chuck that this male definately looks like a possible jungle. Who knows. I am not selling him as a jungle because i have no proof but good luck to the person who gets him. This animal is guranteed to be 100% healthy and live arrival is guranteed also. I am selling this animal for $600 shipped.
Sounds to me like someone who is VERY happy with the animal

Old 09-16-2003, 08:59 PM   #40
Classic Dum's
Quote:
chuck and Dallas do trades.
Dallas gets a lot more animals than he deserves.
Dallas does not have a clue as to what kind of animals he has.
Dallas sells his animals too cheaply because he does not have a vlue what kind of animals he has.
Dallas then realizes that since he sold too cheaply........he will NEVER make the 12,500 that he thought the animals were worth.
Dallas sold the animals to cheaply because he was clueless .Now he is mad. So he comes here to post how the animals he got were not worth 12,500 but instead worth 9,000 got it.
Rich I couldnt have said it better myself!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!