Enclosures by Design - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2003, 12:27 AM   #21
UpstateExotics1
It's not sending money it is a refund. We have switched bank accounts and paypal is verying our new information, so we have to use their system to request refunds, for security purposes. So Ritchie, I do understand the concept of sending money, but this is not sending money, it is a refund....two different things.

Besides that, the only person that needs to be happy here is Kris...which we are making sure he is the ONE that is and will continue to be happy.

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 8:57 PM
To: Alison Tornambene
Subject: Access Limitation - ATARAL (KMM35226552V51372L0KM)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: When you click on links in this email, you will be asked to log into
your PayPal Account. As always, make sure that you are logging into a
secure PayPal page by looking for 'https://www.paypal.com/' at the
beginning of the URL.

Form Message
customer message: I authorize paypal to refund Kris Stroup
(hemingway@zworg.com) $69.00

Thank You

Alison Tornambene
Then today we received this:
Quote:
Dear Alison Tornambene,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Recently you have written to PayPal to have certain funds refunded to buyers. In order for us to be able to do so, we need you to reply back to us with the transaction ID numbers that are you referencing in regards to those refunds. Please reply back to this email with that information so that we can better assist you. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
again.

Sincerely,
Evan
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
That information was sent today, so like I explained to Kris (the one who needs to be happy and have things explained to), he should receive his payment tomorrow.

Old 09-29-2003, 10:11 AM   #22
Wilomn
Instead of dealing with all this refund BS, which seems to be a hurdle you just can't clear, why don't you just paypal the money to him directly from your account?

There is no question that you are going to refund the money right? So why not just do a straight from your account to his transfer of funds, no refund nonsense?

Wes Pollock

Old 09-29-2003, 02:05 PM   #23
TJEvans
Quote:
Originally posted by wilomn
Instead of dealing with all this refund BS, which seems to be a hurdle you just can't clear, why don't you just paypal the money to him directly from your account?

There is no question that you are going to refund the money right? So why not just do a straight from your account to his transfer of funds, no refund nonsense?

Wes Pollock
Obviously a good question, one that I pondered as well......

BUT....remember, to get a refund, you must have your credit card company get it for you......and even then, these people will insist that they sent it voluntarily.......nothing ever seems to be easy for Upstate now does it? Nor do they EVER see mto do things at the convenience of their customers....it always seems that they do things that will make it easier for them, regadless of how long people have to wait.........

Thanks
Todd Evans

Old 09-29-2003, 02:16 PM   #24
UpstateExotics1
Well since everyone seems to know everything, I don't know why I am explaining this.....

Has anyone ever given a REFUND through paypal?
Well if you have you know the reason you do a REFUND and not just sending money is 1. that it shows on your records as a refund, just just as sending money and 2. when you give a refund it also refunds the FEES....saving everyone money.

But I'm sure you already knew that...

Also, like I stated, our account was limited, as we had to verify the new information with paypal. So I ask, has anyone's account ever been LIMITED by paypal?
Well if it has, you would know that in order to do ANYTHING with sending money of ANY kind, you have to contact paypal and have them do it and verify the transaction. We had to send all our account information, and verify who we were while doing this switch...for security reasons...so this was the only way to do it....and as I posted, those are the original emails....

But again, i'm sure you already knew that too.....

Old 09-29-2003, 02:40 PM   #25
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Well Alison. I have added a new different buisness checking account to my paypal account as well as other credit cards and not once did my account become restricted or limited. I added the new account while the other accounts were still active and all they did was verify the new account without any problems.

It always seems to be something with you and your customers. I would think you guys would start to get tired of giving your customers the run around but I guess you don't see anything wrong with it.

Old 09-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #26
UpstateExotics1
Well Rob...thanks...

Since your account has never been limited, like you stated, then you have no idea what is invloved.

Old 09-29-2003, 03:02 PM   #27
Wilomn
I'm no math whiz by any stretch of the imagination but isn't 3% of $89.00 about $2.70?

So alison, you're saying that for $2.70 you are once again going to muddy your name? Damn, girl, that's just rediculous.

In case you haven't heard of them there are these things called Postal Money Orders. You go right down to your post office, give them some cash and then they give you a piece of paper that is worth the same amount of money as the cash you gave them. You can actually send that little piece of paper by USPS to just about anywhere in the world and either pay for something or provide a REFUND. Wow!!! What a concept, eh? And, if you insure the piece of mail the money order is in, even if it gets lost you STILL don't lose out, they'll actually replace it. Wow again!!!

You've just got to ask yourself at some point, is all this hoopla really worth it? I just don't see how it can be but....... well, I just don't see it as being worth the time and effort you've gone through to save that $2.70 this time or the, what about $ 5.40 with Tony. Over what, something like 75 pages now over basically $8.10??? That's eight dollars and ten cents. That can't be right can it?

I must admit, now that I've seen it in black and white I'm rather dumbfounded and somewhat at a loss for words. That should put it in prospective for you as I am NEVER at a loss for words.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-29-2003, 03:45 PM   #28
Stardust
As I have had problems with paypal in the past and sorting out the new name change and bank change I can understand the problems.
I also understand that 2.70 here and 5.40 there does add up.
I am going to reserve judgement on this until Kris gives a update on the situation and if he has been staying in contact with upstate.
If the customer is happy..............

Old 09-29-2003, 03:59 PM   #29
Wilomn
It's all well and good to wait on the customer for a single transactions completion. While this particular thread is only about Kris, it is also a piece of a much larger picture, which I see as the base value of the honor, or lack thereof, which belongs to upchuck.

It also seems to me that if the $2.70 and $5.40 dollar refunds are sooooo important to alison then perhaps she should consider another business, one which does not have anything to do with paypal or any other wire transfer of funds. Or perhaps one that is lucritive in such fashion that transactions of such large sums as these won't break the bank, so to speak.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-29-2003, 04:01 PM   #30
UpstateExotics1
Wes, first it's not ME saving the money...the fees go to the customer...so i make nothing...

Second of all it's for the paperwork...for our books, it shows as a refund, NOT a sale...

That's why Paypal has added that feature.....

Do you even use Paypal??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!