Blood bank dragons inquiry - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #41
Rebel Dragons
Not at all upset.

If a simple debate upset me I would have slit my wrists a long time ago......lol

I diasagree with you, that's all, your the one getting in a huff over it. It's all clutter & blah blah blah's at this point.

And yes at the store tonight I saw nutty buddies and thought wow, it's been 10+ years since I seen one of those...... Mmmmmmm The memories.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:46 PM   #42
Dan Scolaro
Mike:

Huff? Well laughter perhaps.

Well, its sorta clutter, but it seems like a lot of people make a lot of comments without thinking things through.

So I tell you what; after a good night's rest, if you provide any justification or anything that has any foundation as to why or how you determined what I said was to like the selling of deformed animals, I will ship you a box of those nutty buddies. Cool packs included.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:58 PM   #43
Rebel Dragons
huh???

Ok I am lost.................When did I ever say you supported the sale of deformed snakes???? When did you ever say you supported the sale of deformed snakes.

Neither one of us or anyone else for that matter ever said that............

Dan you and I are definatly looking at 2 totally diffrent things if that is what you took my post as implying.

And this whole time I thought you were referring to something else. Anyway, without staying up too much longer. Dan I never once thought you supported the sale of deformed snakes. I was thinking and speaking of something totally different.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:20 AM   #44
Dan Scolaro
Well perhaps that explains the last few posts?

Old 05-15-2005, 12:27 AM   #45
Jim O
OK, I have been asked to explain my position. As others have said, that is a snake that should be removed from the gene pool. I don't need to hear from the seller to know that. It was listed with an asking price of $4000. Someone is thinking this is a "novelty" and wants to make a big payday off of a deformed animal. I have a problem with that. I said as much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I have a problem with that
Then the question of their association was raised. So I did a little research and showed with a screen shot that BBD had in fact listed the animal. It was listed with their ads and had a link to their site. And I pointed out that they were associated with the seller.
Quote:
They listed the snake, perhaps for someone else. It's being offered as a "novelty" for $4000. Even if it isn't theirs, they should be ashamed of themselves for even being associated with it.
Look back at that screen shot and there is no denying they are associated with that seller. They listed the snake for him and they are from the same city. I think that is bad judgement at best and that they ought to be ashamed of themsleves. Evidently they are as they have pulled the ad. I didn't say they are bad guys or bad people.

Now Dan has to chime in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
This is going to be another good laugh.

People passing judgement without a clue or using common sense or hearing from the seller.

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.
Dan, there isn't anything they could say that would make it right to be associated with that ad. It was in poor taste at best. That snake should not be offered at 10x the cost (conservatively) of a normal animal. It is a deformed animal and should not be offered to anyone who would breed it. When I produce a deformed animal I euthanize it or give it away free to someone who will care for it properly and who promises not to breed it or give/sell it to anyone who would. No amount of explanation from anyone is going to make me see that differently. I have all of the facts that I need.

So I asked you a question.
Quote:
Dan,

Once again, you are the voice of reason. So you think it's a good thing to be selling a deformed snake for a premium price? OK. That proves to me what I only thought that I knew before.
Yes, it was a ridiculous question. As ridiculous as your comment. But there was no conclusion. You came to one however.
Quote:
Mike:

What's your interest or motive in any of this to make a post?

I said "People passing judgement without a clue or using common sense or hearing from the seller." He read that, and intrepreted it as: "So you think it's a good thing to be selling a deformed snake for a premium price?"

Your right. He did not twist my words. How he came up with that interpetation can only be left to be determined by medical professionals.

If you figure it out, you can win the cookie.
and you said
Quote:
Mike:

Your interest to buy a dragon from them made you post that I was off on my assessment of Jim's statement/intrepretation?

Now that is perhaps more interesting than the initial thread here.

Well, the cookie is still here if you can figured it out.

And since you allude to have figured it out without an expert medical opinion, why not post your view here since you started it all? I have managed hospitals for almost 20 years and cannot figure it out.
Now Dan, oh Dan, oh Dan. I came to no conclusion. I asked a question. A simple yes or no question. But now I see the answer. You managed hospitals. As if pencil pushing at a hospital even remotely qualifies you to make the slightest "expert medical opinion". The inferrence that it could is about as lame as most hospital administrators I have worked with over the years.

But you now make perfect sense to me. See, I went to medical school. And we often told the joke of the man who needed a brain transplant. The engineer's brain was $100, the doctor's $150, and the hospital administrator's $1500. Why so much? Because it was never used! Just like yours most of the time.

I stand by what I said. They should be ashamed of themselves for putting up that listing and offering a deformed animal for a premium price as if that is an OK thing. It isn't. And evidently they agree and have pulled the ad, or worse, they have sold it to someone who might breed it.

Old 05-15-2005, 03:59 AM   #46
ravensgait
Man people read to much into what other write here , then the thread goes off into left field.

Dan I'm not taking anybodies side here but the words Jim wrote that seemed to bother you were a question. Sure a question that really didn't need to be asked but a question none the less. We really need to pay attention to those little things people put at the end of sentences you know like . , ! ? and some really need to add these little thingies to their sentences here so we don't have to guess.

As for the eyeless snakes well if someone is willing to pay that much then I would think/hope they'd have the bucks to feed and care for it as well. As far as who listed it ETC well I sure wouldn't have done or allowed it to be listed on a site of mine . Well unless it was free to a good home only.

Randy

Old 05-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #47
Dan Scolaro
Jim: Well I don't know what you tried to explain? Your initial insult was just compounded by more insults which is only additional evidence to your usual approach when someone else simply does not agree with you. And even after being proven wrong, you never accept responsibility for your words. But since you mentioned brain surgery, I can relate. I also was a hospital corpsman and surgical technician for 5 years, and my specialization: Neurosurgery. Heck, I used to cut lawns, bagged groceries, and worked as a mechanic in a bowling alley. Also served with the Marines as a Corpsman during the bombing in Iran, invasion of Grenada, and Desert Storm. Literally spent days putting service members back together in an emergency room with no sleep for several days. What jokes can you blither about those professions? And my administrator duties were completed while working for you as a Naval Officer after completing a Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management and a Master's in Business Administration. Hey, don't insult my career profession, be happy about it. Heck, if you paid taxes, you paid for it, so be glad about it. Let me ask you a question now? Why do you react so irrationally when someone else proposes a different view on things? Why can't you hold a decent conversation without changing the subject or throwing insults? This is the third time I asked to hear from the seller before the seller is judged, and you have already just about hanged the person before even considering any information from the seller. This seems to bother you? I mean, you have been proven wrong in your assessments in the past. Now you can kick your dog in the privacy of your own home, but what makes you think or what gives you the right to think you can kick or attempt to kick anyone from your personal computer at home? Please provide an explanation without any insults.

Randy: Since the issue was indeed resolved and completed, I was merely interested to hear an explanation or any rationale from someone else in the matter, and did not receive it, and no sidetrack was intended.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #48
Jim O
Dan,

I asked you a question. You are the one who started flinging adjectives around, accusing me of coming to a conclusion, suggesting I need an "expert medical opinion", etc. All over a silly question. Talk about immature, defensive behavior.

Now let me explain something to you that you seem not to understand. This is not a court of law, it is an internet forum. And I am not on a jury. I don't have to wait until closing arguments to form an opinion. I still think OJ killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, but guess what? The jury found him not guilty. Did that change my opinion? Not a chance in hell.

In this case I merely stated that I had a problem with the fact that a deformed snake was being offered as anything but "free to a good home". I don't care what the seller says, I still think that. I also know, for a fact that Quenton Fraser, who listed the snake, is one of the owners of Blood Bank Dragons. The other owner is Steven Barnes, who is evidently not involved with this snake. That it was listed on their account at Kingsnake, which also is not open for debate since I established that fact, was a mistake on their part, in my opinion. Again, it does not matter what their reason was, it was a mistake. Look at this thread and around the internet at other reptile forums and you will see that my opinion is not at all unique.

Now you came here and made a comment about how this was a "laugh" and ridiculed those who had expressed an opinion. And you go on to attack me for mine. And all I did was ask you a simple, albeit silly, question.

You go on to tell us all about your education, bragging about how taxpayers wasted their money on it, etc, etc. Who cares, Dan? I mean, really, who here do you think you are impressing by telling us about all of your so-called qualifications? I know that I don't give a crap and I doubt seriously that many others do.

I believe it was Dennis Hultman whos asked you once, why is it that all the threads in which you post become about you? Why is that? Why do you constantly need to mention that you were a Marine, you've been in Desert Storm, etc, etc? It's nice and all that you served our country, but it's also irrelevant on this site. But you seem to need to mention it often.
Quote:
I also was a hospital corpsman and surgical technician for 5 years, and my specialization: Neurosurgery. Heck, I used to cut lawns, bagged groceries, and worked as a mechanic in a bowling alley. Also served with the Marines as a Corpsman during the bombing in Iran, invasion of Grenada, and Desert Storm. Literally spent days putting service members back together in an emergency room with no sleep for several days. And my administrator duties were completed while working for you as a Naval Officer after completing a Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management and a Master's in Business Administration. Hey, don't insult my career profession, be happy about it. Heck, if you paid taxes, you paid for it, so be glad about it.
Quote:
I have managed hospitals for almost 20 years
Quote:
I started my career in 1981 and served as a Corpsman with the 2nd FSSG at Camp Lejeune. After I earned a commission I served as the Administrative Officer of the medical clinic at Parris Island.
I could go on as I am sure there are others but I think the point has been made.

Dan, I asked a question. And yes, I have come to a conclusion about that ad. My opinion is that it was in poor taste and ill advised. And the seller should have known better. That he has seen the error of his ways is to his credit.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #49
Dan Scolaro
Jim:

Hey, if you cannot figure that your insults generated responses to include some information which your apparently intimidated by, then why ask me to explain it to you? Your prejudice has been tossed back in your face, and you cannot take it, nor handle the challenge and change the subject much like a child.

And if your fearful of intelligent conversation, then I suggest you take your anger out on OJ, and not well meaning reptile folk. Oh, and Dennis never said that, at least not that I can recall, so do not put words into his mouth like to recklessly do for me and others. And if he did, so what? Is he your mentor or is he someone who supports your bashing of buyers and sellers without an a pound of forethought or common sense?

Old 05-15-2005, 12:06 PM   #50
Jim O
There ya go again, Dan. LMAO. Not one thing you just said is A) real or B) relevant. Do I really seem intimidated? Hahahaha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!