Bad Guy David and Danielle Dedrick AKA simply_vivid@yahoo.com - Dead Snakes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
JG1153
I met this guy back in early May of this year after I responded to what at first appeared to be his wife’s (Danielle Dedrick) “getting out of snakes” ad off of Kingsnake. So overall I can attest to the fact that he is a rather peculiar and paranoid fellow and definitely has an axe to grind with his relative Justin.

I wanted some of the hogs she was selling so I decided to contact her. I noticed on her ad it said she was located in Southeast Texas. At the time I was doing some work at the Big Thicket National Preserve so I figured if she was near then I could just pick up the animals if they were still available instead of having to ship. When I responded to the ad I asked her where she was located and told her where I was working at the moment and asked if the animals I was interested in were still available. She responded pretty promptly asking if I wanted to meet with her and her husband (David) for lunch (I assumed so we could do the transaction with the animals), and that they lived in Orange TX. So I agreed to get together with them and we exchanged phone numbers so we could talk and figure out the details of when and where we would get together. I called a day or two afterwards and spoke with David. He immediately told he he’d been “looking me up” and he said he had all this information about who I was and what I was doing in the Thicket. I got a little weirded out but then I figured this wasn’t much different than someone looking someone else up on the BOI while contemplating a transaction so continued to talk to him. He started telling who he thought I was and what kind of work I did and some scientific paper I’d written. Unfortunately he had the wrong information. The person he was talking about was someone else who just happens to have a very similar name to mine, is also a biologist (although that person is a botanist and I’m a zoologist) and had also happened to have done some work in The Thicket. So I tried to explain this to him but he didn’t seem to understand. He was hell-bent on the erroneous fact that I was this person. He began telling me more and more about this other person including scientific papers which he’d written and I continued to tell him that that person was not me and that he was making a very common mistake of misreading my last name which is how he ended up finding all this info about this other person but still he kept insisting that this was me. Again just very surreal all together.

The other thing is I don’t know how much people know about the way things work in the scientific field but writing a scientific paper and having it subsequently published is considered a pretty big accomplishment for anyone and is a great source of pride. As a result it’s not something to shy away from or try to cover up when someone recognizes your work so it’s not like I would lie about having written a scientific paper if I had.

Well after a few minutes of this we dropped the issue even though I had the very strong feeling that he still didn’t believe me. LOL. We agreed to get together I believe the next day to have dinner between him, his wife and I. He then told me all the animals I had been inquiring about had been sold. Needless to say I was disappointed especially considering really the only reason I was agreeing to meet with this guy who was to a large extent giving me the creeps was to get some animals, but I had already agreed to meet and I didn’t want to be rude. I showed up to the restaurant the next day and he showed up with a friend of his instead of his wife but I figured oh what the hell. So we sat down and started talking about each other and what we all did for a living and what kind of animals we kept. You know all pretty normal for meeting someone for the first time and then all of a sudden David starts asking if I know Justin Mitcham who is a hognose breeder up in DFW area and whom he was related to. I told him I had no idea who that was given I has just in the past couple of weeks decided to start working with hogs. He then pretty much immediately launched into an extended tirade trashing Justin Mitcham. I thought it was a little weird to just launch into a tirade about another breeder and a family member at that when we just met and without the conversation really having anything to do about reputable or non reputable breeders. Luckily since I already had a weird feeling about this character, before I left to meet him I asked my girlfriend at the time to send me a text message at a certain time saying I had a work meeting to attend to shortly in case I needed to get out of there. Needless to say I definitely used “meeting” excuse and cut out of there when that text came.

Overall I got a really weird vibe about this guy but even then I thought “well maybe they’re alright” and chucked the whole thing to the fact that East Texas definitely has it’s lion’s share of peculiar characters but now I’m definitely glad I ended up not giving my money to these people even if it would have been in a face to face transaction.

I would just like to add that I’ve never met or have ever done any business with Justin Mitcham so me in a way confirming Justin’s assertions about his relative’s peculiar character really has nothing to do with me taking anyone’s side this was just my particular experience with David Dedrick

Old 10-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #22
Justin Mitcham
Wow...

Sorry you had to go through that.
I really think this guy has went over the deep end. His mom died about a year ago or so and he called me out of the blue and apologized. Then a week later he was back to his paranoid schizophrenic self, sending me weird psycho emails saying I was doing this and that. I actually believe if he made it to a doctor he would be diagnosed with a mild type or form of this disorder. Personally I believe he is ill and needs professional help.
Sad

Old 10-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #23
mvite
So there may not even be a Danielle?

Danielle could just be one of David's extra personalities - like Victor/Victoria?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #24
RedDevil
He told me (after the problems began) that he used his wife's name because too many people refused to deal with him. Not sure how changing only his first name was supposed to help, though. Wish I had known that before the transaction.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #25
mvite
So any updates here Tommy B?

Has David, Deidre, Donny, Daniel, Doreen, Donna or Debbie Dedrick contacted you to say anything?

Even to sai ef thei wer mat abot you starrrtinhg a BOI theread aboyt thems?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
mvite
Well because as we all know---if someone ignores the BOI, there's not much we can do.

Except to keep letting the whole wide world know what turds David & Danielle Dedrick are.

Tell a friend! When you buy a live animal--it goes without saying that you expect it to be alive for you to enjoy.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
RedDevil
Nope. I sent an email to them the day I posted letting them know about the thread, but never heard back.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #28
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Nope. I sent an email to them the day I posted letting them know about the thread, but never heard back.
These peeps are real trash of the Earth.

I know that I scour the classifieds daily looking for their ads. I'll be sure to revisit this thread each time these scums post anything for sale.

I hope Dirty David is considering giving you some money back.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #29
mvite
Now that I think back I believe I heard these snakes screaming when David Dedrick KILLED THEM!

What a dick.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #30
Kaminoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Dedrick
Subject: Re: Hognose
To: "Tommy Benasco" <xboxskin@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 7:53 PM

I don't have any hogs that could replace them with. I have been selling off my collection to pay the bills since my layoff. The courier error is certainly unfortunate, I made no live arrival garuntees because there is no way to insure against it. I'm out $40.00 on the shipping and the $38.00 which was the 3% you didn't add to your paypal payment as specifically addressed in our emails . Knowing about the 3% that you didn't pay I sold them to you anyway believing it to be an oversight.also I knocked $200.00 off the lot... I have shipped all over the country for years and this is the first and only DOA. As breeders, we are all aware of the possibility of this happening and it is a risk we take. I have some eggs that are due to hatch out next month. Depending on how the hatch goes I may be able to send you some of them.

UPS and Ship Your Reptiles do not guarantee perishable items or live arrival of shipped animals, no shipping company does.

This is from the ups web site::::

Packages containing live animals must be prepared in accordance with the requirements as specifically stated herein. Packages containing live animals must provide for the basic humane care and safety of the animal during transportation. Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper´s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.

D.Dedrick
The shipper's liability, not the recipient's. Quoted by the man himself.

-Amanda Harris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!