Gourmet food prices - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 12-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
Lucille
Gourmet food prices

I was making my Costco grocery list and was looking through their site, and saw a ribeye roast 'wagyu' for $1,047.99.

I do make gourmet food purchases on occasion, mostly for cheeses or nice chocolate, but I think that price for beef is crazy. And you still have to take it home and cook it.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
bcr229
Holy cow! For that price it better come with a chef to prep and cook it for me.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
JColt
When I was a teenager in 70's I set up wrestling rings and concession stands for CWF (championship wrestling of Florida) We were in Tampa Fl and a huge storm was coming through so show was cancelled. I was 16 yrs old and had less than 10 bucks in my pocket.

I was going to run over to a Burger Chef (I think it was) when a wrestler named Hiro Matsuda says, Young man I will treat you to a nice dinner. Most of the guys liked me because I said, yes sir, no sir and did everything I was asked without any attitude.

Hiro was about 5' 11" and 225 pounds (small for pro wrestler) but was feared because he was a legit judo fighter and amateur wrestler. He broke Hulk Hogans ankle for being cocky while training him when Hogan was a huge man.

Anyway back to the reason of this post, lol.

He took me to a real Japanese restaurant and ordered for me. Kobe Wagyu Ribeye Steak. This stuff was so tender you didn't need teeth to eat it. If meat was a drug this would have been crack. I have not come across another meal like this. I got the wrestlers cut (probably double size of normal portion)

If you ever get the chance to try Kobe/Wagyu do so but be prepared to be disappointed when you go back to almost affordable meat, lol.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
Insomniac101
Not. Gonna. Happen.

I could never justify that kind of money for a meal. Ever. (But I've spent more than that on a single snake, so go figure).

And as Joe said, I wouldn't want to try it, get addicted, and have to go back to normal, feedlot cuts of beef!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!