Inquiry STEVEN MILLER? JAMES COZZA? - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #191
free_2_bounce89
Ok disregard that last statement.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #192
reptilebaby
If he does send a check, don't send anything to him until it clears. I have had to deal with that before.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #193
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebaby View Post
If he does send a check, don't send anything to him until it clears. I have had to deal with that before.
I'd tear up the check, right away. Who knows who he stole the snake from?

Old 01-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #194
Snakeguy46
danhoover23@gmail.com

This was the email he used to contact me, no check no replies. I would have never sent anything out before the check cleared first. I guess he will have to change his name if he plans to keep playing in our pond. Thanks again for all who looked out. I am sure he saw this long scam thread about him and backed off.

Happy Herping Everyone

Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #195
Edeanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeguy46 View Post
danhoover23@gmail.com

This was the email he used to contact me, no check no replies. I would have never sent anything out before the check cleared first. I guess he will have to change his name if he plans to keep playing in our pond. Thanks again for all who looked out. I am sure he saw this long scam thread about him and backed off.

Happy Herping Everyone
The really sad part is, he was trying to pull this scam WHILE he was replying back and forth on this thread about him. Him discovering this thread was not the reason he "backed off." You using your better judgement and requesting payment first was the reason he did not follow through with this scam, because he couldn't. He said he was sending a check as a way to end the conversation without any red flags, knowing all along he would never send payment out and would simply ignore any further inquiries on your part.
You're giving him too much credit and implying he thinks rationally! lol
Even AFTER being called out in this thread regarding all of his lies, he still tried the same scam!
I honestly believe some people lack a conscience.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #196
free_2_bounce89
Any more word from Steven?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #197
reptilebaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtard View Post
I'd tear up the check, right away. Who knows who he stole the snake from?
True, that's a possibility that somehow slipped my mind!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #198
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_2_bounce89 View Post
Any more word from Steven?
Funny you should ask that, Natalie....
he's got a new account, but still playing the same game.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=1#post1412916

Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #199
hhmoore
Well, I should say he HAD a new account. I banned it last evening.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #200
WebSlave
Interesting.....

I got a phone call (local call with 850 area code) from Steven on 01/23, and one of the most pertinent pieces of information I gathered from that conversation was that he did not have a license to possess and/or sell reptiles in Florida. I presume someone has contacted FWCC about this oversight on his part. If not -> http://legacy.myfwc.com/wildlifealer...sp?region=FWNW

As such, it may be wise for people to NOT buy or otherwise engage in transfers of animals from this unlicensed individual. He also talked to my wife earlier on that same day and indicated to her that he had sold a ball python to a local pet shop. We know the owner of that shop and the owner would NOT under any circumstances buy a reptile from an unlicensed seller, so that had to be an obvious falsehood.

Of course he was complaining about being harassed by people on this forum, and I guess he wanted me to do something about it. I hadn't read this thread until just now, so I didn't have any idea what he was talking about. But certainly what he was saying makes a WHOLE lot more sense to me now... Yeah, HE is the victim here.....

What I also find interesting was his conversations with Susan Sentman, as his phone conversation at this late date indicated to me that he only barely heard of her and he was trying to get information from me about her and what animals she has. Of course, I declined to provide any information, saying I had never been to her place, so I could not comment. It is apparent from the posts in this thread that he pretty much knew all he needed to know about her before talking to me.

And Steven, if you are reading this, DO NOT call me again until you have cleared your name by getting your affairs in order. I will NOT believe anything you say to me, so I am not willing to waste my time listening to you. I have little patience for people of your nature and it is exactly this sort of thing that I specifically set up the BOI to help expose. Make things right, and STAY right, or get the hell OUT of this business. You are on our radar screen now. And the people watching for you to try to scam others are VERY good at what they like to do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bpman850, dan jobes, danhoover23@gmail.com, rider91923, steven miller