Blake Rogers...beware!!!! Bad Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
ljsreptiles
Blake Rogers...beware!!!! Bad Guy

Please beware of Blake Rogers from Lake Charles LA, his email is Geckofabulos@aol.com, nad his phone # is 337-794-4666. Let me tell you why..

I had posted a wanted add on Kingsnake.com for clutches of baby snakes of any kind. He email me in responce to my add...

I got just the deal for you I have a 1.5 05 captive Ball pythons all look very odd asking $200 for all 6 now that is a good deal I am glad you only use paypal cuz I only take paypal They are eating hopper mice and range from 125grams to 300 grams Thanks Blake

I then asked him ih he had pics of them to show me, and he replied..

I do not have pic but if you buy and are not satified i will refund double your money

On the date of agreed shipping he emailed me saying you his car wasn;t working right and he didn;t think he could ship. I asked to follow through with shipping becuase it was getting much colder here if he waited until the following week. So he said ok, he'll ship. On the morning of delivery, he emails me to say they will arrive at 3pm and gives me the tracking #. I told I hope shipped with enough heat packs. He replied with...

I told you I didn't have any, thats why i wanted to wait to ship.

The snakes wound up bieng shipped to wrong address, and i finally got them around 7:30pm. they were freezing cold, and one was dead. When i weighed them, 3 were under 100 grams, and the other 3 were around 150grams. Not even close to what he said.

I contacted hm by email that i was unsatisfied. he asked what i wanted him to do. i told him to honor what he said and refund my money. He said he would only refund the $200 i paid if i shipped the sankes back to him, when i spoke to him on the phone friday night. Saturday morning I emaild him asking for his shipping info so i could ship them back for a full refund of $200. He repiled with..

Look I tried to be nice I offered to return your money for all or just the snake that did not make it I talked to you on several occasion and you just want to argue and fight. I tried to make it right So this is what I am going to do. Since you do not like my offer and now you want to be a smart ass about the situation I do not want the snakes back and i am not going to refund any of you money at all you hade your chance 2 days ago to make this right you just wanted to fight that is what I am going to do you can report me to kingsnake your lawyer or what ever I am done with this deal do not email me any more thanks Blake

Now he has blocked me from sending him emails. PLEASE do not deal with him, He is a very shady business person. All of this is facts, and I have emils to prove his lies. Everytime It comes back for him to send a refund, he makes more excuse why he shouldn't. I just wanted poeple to know what has happened.

Thank You,
Leslie Steinmetz
LJS Reptiles

Old 12-05-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
KNOBTAIL
I find it unbelievable

how you could get yourself scammed by this thief. Apparently he thinks he safe. I would take his advise and contact Kingsnake and let him know that in the Board of Inquiry, he will not be forgotten, nor forgiven. Sorry you had the trouble that you did, but their are so many fine people out their selling herps. Its regrettable that this loser came your way.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
dzoo
Angry

What a scumbag- shipping with NO HEATPACKS???? What method did he ship them to you? And did not even ship them to arrive early AM. What an idiot. Please do not ship the snakes back to him - they have been abused enough. Get them well and sell them to recoup your money. And now that his name is known it will hopefully be harder for him to do this to someone else.

The unfortunate thing is that if you do a search for Blake Rogers here you get a glowing good guy post , wonder if it is the same person?

http://faunaclassifieds.com/forums/s...t=blake+rogers

Old 12-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
ljsreptiles
well, another ball python has died as of the last post i put up. the rest seem to be doing well, so far. Since he''s blocked my email, I have reported him the FBI Fraud Department. He used UPS to ship them

Old 12-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Safierdrgn
If you paid via Paypal then file a claim against him and get your money back. He shipped very very poorly and you didn't receive what was advertised. If you paid via Paypal using a credit card then call your credit card and explain that you didn't receive what was advertised.
He should've gotten his lazy butt up and bought some heat packs.

~Ang

Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
SPJ
Paypal won't do anything. He recieved the items paid for (ball pythons) and since the transaction dealt with live animals it wil be tough to get paypal to do anything.

Best bet would be to file a complaint and hopefully freeze his account so he can't get anyones elses money.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #7
Safierdrgn
Protection Policies

Question - The item I purchased was broken or incomplete. What do I do?

Answer - First, contact the seller and attempt to resolve the dispute directly. If you are unable to come to a resolution and have taken all required steps to resolve the dispute, file a claim with PayPal as soon as possible. Learn how to file a claim in the Resolution Center with a step-by-step tutorial.

PayPal will determine which coverage applies to your claim during the investigation process. To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection or the Buyer Complaint Process, click the Security Center link found in the footer of any PayPal page.

And like I said, if you had paypal pull the money out of a credit card, call them up. If you're in good standing with that company they usually don't have a problem siding with you.

~Ang

Old 12-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #8
Griz
Don't trust Paypal.......

Wrong.....Paypal will NOT refund your money just because the item received is not as described. Here are 2 excerpts from Paypal directly after dealing with this exact same situation myself:

"Thank you for contacting us about your Buyer Complaint for the transaction
detailed below. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal's Buyer Complaint
Policy applies only to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to
complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we
are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund."

"PayPal is not the venue that lists an item and we do not act as an escrow
service. Because an item is not advertised or listed by our service, we are
not in the position to verify the quality of an item delivered as opposed
to what was advertised. We recommend first contacting the seller's customer
service email address. You may wish to contact your auction site regarding
the dispute; as the venue that lists the item, they may be able to help
you, or contact a third party mediator, such as Square Trade."

Paypal sucks, plain and simple. I realize they are convenient but if you think they provide you with a shred of protection, think again. Go to paypalsucks.com and you will see many examples of this. My suggestion, raise them up a bit and then resell them but do not ship them back. He's proven himself incapable of making adult decisions so he doe not need to be handed these animals back again.

Griz

And like I said, if you had paypal pull the money out of a credit card, call them up. If you're in good standing with that company they usually don't have a problem siding with you.

~Ang[/quote]

Old 12-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #9
ljsreptiles
Well, I tried the paypal. and they said since the itmes were received, they couldn't do anything. Unfortunatley I used my bank account since it was a small amount of money. I plan to raise these. He won't take them back, and he's blocked my email from contacting him anyway. I have reported to several fraud agencies.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #10
KNOBTAIL
To take it one step further,

Your credit card company will not allow a chargeback because it would be against Paypal and not the seller who scammed you. When you agree to use Paypal, you are agreeing to their terms (Paypals) and in essence given up your rights to deal directly with the seller , and because of a 3rd party transaction the credit card companies are actually benefiting Paypal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!