Need some help with these eggs... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Nathan91
Need some help with these eggs...

My female GTP just laid 24 eggs. I set them up in some perlite. As soon as I put them in the tubs in the incubator, about a half hour later they started denting and a few them started changing color slightly. I added a little water to the mix, but that did little to help. The temps in the tubs weren't quite right so I took the eggs out again and changed the perlite out so it was the right temp (88). I noticed when I went back to put the eggs back in the tub, they started filling out again, which I thought was really weird, since they had only been out about 5-10 minutes. So I set some eggs in one tub with a plastic crate so they're not touching the perlite (these have held their shape relatively well), and some eggs in another tub directly on the perlite (these eggs are still somewhat dimpled). I need some advice, do these eggs look okay? This is my first GTP clutch so I'm a little worried.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
gregsofla
you might not get a response here too quickly, i would get these pics up on http://moreliaviridis.yuku.com/directory#.T4ccTe2t823 ASAP!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
GMTIRRILL
take it MVS they can help

Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
edf01
I know I am probably too late, but hope the advise will help next season

I dont breed carpets- but bps- perhaps the medium is on the dry side- and it can be sucking the moisture out of the eggs. I use the light crate for all my eggs- this way- you dont have to worry about the substrate ( usually being too wet) Pouring water helps- but isnt saturating the medium equally, so some could be still dry and sucking the moisture out of the eggs. I would just use the light crate- this way, they start dimpling, you can pour more water in and not worry about getting the eggs wet.

hope they turn out good

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!