female IJ breeding weight - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
edf01
female IJ breeding weight

hey all,

a while ago I wanted to get into working with breeding Irain Jaya carpets, but I have lost the interest.

I have someone interested in my female Ij, having issues pricing her out, but what is really holding me back is if she is of breedable ( or close too it- I havent been feeding her as if I was gonna breed her) size.

I try google, get different results. I just dont have the knowledge on the specifics about the Ij breeding since I was in no rush at all. ( aka- didnt get that far yet)

She is at 1400 grams rounding down, and has to be 5ft ( i am 5 ft 8 inches, and she proly s longer then me, but that is not the most acurate length measuring.

So, anyone able to help me out? I appreciate it.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
hhmoore
Honestly, I don't think I ever paid attention to weights on carpets. Post a pic, with something common for size reference (mainly interested in girth), and I'll toss my 3 cents worth into the discussion.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
GMTIRRILL
I will toss my 2 cent in How old is she that is the main question you can get better breeding results with a mature female then a young one

Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
Dbz4246
Im interested as well, been thinking about other species to get into and I cant find much on breeding weights

Old 12-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Treasures
i successfully bred a 2 1/2 yr old IJ female that was 1600 grams. she gave me 12 perfect eggs. She had great body condition and had the look of a snake who could handle breeding which was more important to me then what the actual numbers were.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures View Post
She had great body condition and had the look of a snake who could handle breeding which was more important to me then what the actual numbers were.
Agreed.
The weight fixation is largely a BP thing, IMO.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Dbz4246
Thanks guys, that helps

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!