Pastave or Mojave? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
edf01
Pastave or Mojave?

I had asked other people, just want to clarify if this is a mojo or a pastave. I feel kinda stupid, but just want some other opinions. Thanks for your help.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
edf01
third picture.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
snowgyre
That looks pastave to me. Not as much blushing as I would normally expect, but the screwed up pattern and yellowish tint seems like pastel is influencing the mojave.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
AF1Bird
I agree, Pastave. Gorgeous animal, best of luck.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
edf01
thanks guys. I produced this one- and a male pastave- and naturally, the male is the cream of the crop- got such nicer yellows. I posted these babies up before, and got responses of 2 pastaves 1 mojo, and on other places got all pastaves- with the one male just being duller with yellow.

Trading this guy sat, and while I double checked with another pal, just wanted to double ( and triple) check.

However, all previous mojos I produced all had the dark heads.

thanks for your imput!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
AF1Bird
Welcome. Best of luck.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
hhmoore
Just to confuse things...
It's a little hard to tell in that lighting. If you produced it, you saw it as a hatchling; which is the easiest time to tell.

That pic is of a male I produce a few years back; and, with the right light, he looked even more yellow. I'm guessing he was bigger than yours in that pic...and (as far as I know,) he's just a nice looking mojave. I can guarantee that there is no pastel in him, though.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
edf01
gee, here comes herald to confuse things...LOL!

Well, I found in the sunlight pics to show their color the truest- and that shot was as good as in the sun as I can get.

:sigh: so confusing!

but your pic dispels the whole mojos have dark head speil.

I guess the best thing to do is just inform the guy that while most feel it is indeed a pastave- I saw a mojo that had the blushing and blushed head, so she could be a very nice mojo...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!