Saw a wierd colored leo yesterday... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
houdini1
Saw a wierd colored leo yesterday...

Hi all, I went to a small pet shop here in town to pick up some supplies for houdini and I noticed they had a new batch of leos in so I looked. There were 3 normal babies, what looked like a a really dark blizzard which was very cool looking and another one which was a grayish color but with a green pattern. Very beautiful leo wish I could have gotten a pic of him so I could show you. Hes very healthyfrom what I could see, I held him for about 5 min. I was thinking about buying him. Has anyone seen a leo like this?
Kristy

Old 12-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
lilraider
Sounds Deformed? lol

-John

Old 12-17-2005, 12:31 AM   #3
Jeremy Letkey
I would guess it was a patternless.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
snowgyre
Need a bit more description than what you gave. Did it have stripes, like the normals? My guess is that it's just a pale normal who's stripes are beginning to fade into spots. Sometimes they turn green where the black stripes used to be. If it's a jungle then those green spots can look really cool, but they'll fade and disappear with age.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
The NY Gecko
you said dark blizzards? crested gecko has some things called mid night blizzards. look there and tell me if theyre the same

Old 12-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
houdini1
better discription

The whole body was gray and the pattern on its back was almost like small circles, it had bands around its neck and tail but those were a lighter gray the green was only on his back. I have to go back there again today, I will see if they still have it and see if they will let me take a picture of it. The leo was a little older there were some babies there to and a major diff. in size. I am not sure exactly how old it was.

Old 12-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #7
aliceinwl
Sounds like a dark patternless to me.

-Alice

Old 12-17-2005, 09:18 PM   #8
snowgyre
Or a cold one. Or a sick one. I'm leery about buying dark patties unless from reputable breeders. Same goes for midnight blizzards.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:40 AM   #9
aliceinwl
Dark patties and blizzards are no more likely to be sick than a dark tang or a light colored blizzard or patty for that matter (the dark colored guys are almost as common as the light ones, and when they get stressed / sick, they go light). If you like the look, use the same criteria (fat tail, no stuck skin, clean vent, perky behavior etc) that you would use to evaluate any leo. But, regardless of the coloration, morph etc, you're almost always safer going with a reputable breeder.

-Alice
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!