making a point - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Rioko
Angry making a point

You dont even know what youre doing with the one you have now. Sad. Buy a book.

this was among my karma comments. I just want to make the point of i cant afford the gecko book at this time and neither can my family. I am sick with some thing and the doctors dont have a clue as to what is wrong with me. I could have endometiosis (a paracite that eats away at the uteris) or i could have cervical cancer.................both run in my family. So i am having to pay doctor bills and I miss work cause i am sick. The first thing i see when i get up in the mornings is my little Hektor in his tank; seeing him/her in the morning puts a smile on my face. I do want more geckos...........lizards in general. I joined this forum so i could get avice from people who have owned and raised geckos and have more experiance. As i have admited before on a previous post in "new to gecko's". I was being stubborn about the sand and i have removed the sand and i have stared asking questions about what i am wanting to do before i do them. I think that shows i am willing to listen. I may not agree with the advice given to me but i go with it cause it is comming from people with years of experiance. This was not ment to insult anyone.......................just felt i had to set this straight.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
lilraider
Hey,
you can ask us what ever you want.we all used to be newbies at it.and who ever said that is a jerk,if they were too say that down here in the duke city of new mexico they might of gotten beat up,ive seen it happen and have learned how to just be nice.but back to what i was saying dont worry ask us any question you want HEY WE LIVE IN AMERICA AND WE DESERVE TOO SPEAK AND ANYTHING WE WANT and good way to stand up for yourself.

-John

Old 12-19-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
Rioko
thanx john

Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
lilraider
hey no prob, good that you stuck up for yourself.......good luck with everything else.

-John

Old 12-19-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Junkyard
Evelyn, there are those that feel they are always right and to disagree with them makes you an imbecile. Taking the time to ask questions and accept any advice given you shows a great amount of respect you have for your pets.

Many times we are fed false info from pet stores, do a little research and find out there is a few things that need to change. Taking advice from pet stores seems right, but then they are only looking for a sale which we get stuck in the middle of. From my experience, most first time reptile owners did not do a great amount of research before they bought their first pet. This is not a bad thing because they are strictly following the advice the store told them. There is nothing wrong with this, they are doing the right thing until they expand their knowledge and inhance the care of their pets. It is when a person learns more and refuses to act on that new knowledge, that is when one can question their true motives.

Continue your research and learning, those here who have been in your position are the ones who are really here to help. Ignore the person who treated you that way, remember karma, what goes around comes around. Take the time to help someone here and others will quickly want to help you.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #6
lilraider
very true junkyard.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
Cat_72
I think what was said could have been said in a much nicer or more polite way, but I THINK the intentions behind it may have been well meant. I truly feel for your troubles, and wish you the best, but I think the point that this person was unsuccessfully trying to make was simply this......if you can't afford to buy a book about leos, maybe you shouldn't be thinking about putting more money into another lizard (I'm only assuming here that this was in response to your post about thinking of getting a Beardie? I apologize if I'm wrong!) If money is really that tight, you need to think about the needs of the critter you already have....take that money you would be spending on buying and feeding a new Beardie, and save it up.....what if you suddenly had a very sick Leo and had to pay a big vet bill?

Again, it was not a very kind comment, but in a small way, I agree.......take the time to just enjoy your dear Hektor, and wait until things are a bit more stable to add a new addition to the family.

You seem a very kind person, and I think you will make a great "Beardie mom" some day.....just make the sure the time is right before you get one.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:33 PM   #8
Rioko
I do want more lizards but i never said now. That is why i am researching a beardie, i want more leo's and that is why i want to learn more before i just wake up one day and say "hey i am going to start breeding leo's"(no offence to the breeders). I am as curious as a kitten and as stubborn as people come but when it comes to my pets i care. Hell when i had a car if i saw a stray dog i used to take it home and take care of it, but then i had too many so i had to get rid of some. I used to say i would never get rid of them, but i learned the pound stopped putting down as many pets as they used to..............................my point is i may be stubborn, but at least i admit it and am willing to take advice..............wether i agree or not i still take it.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:40 PM   #9
Cat_72
I understand that......and like I said, I can tell that you truly care about your critters. I was just trying to put a "positive spin" on the crappy feedback you got, lol. Perhaps I wasn't very successful at it either, but I tried.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:41 PM   #10
Rioko
thanx cat

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!