New to the forum - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-29-2005, 11:41 PM   #11
perefalcon
I don't haev an incubator yet, I'm in the market though

Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #12
snared99
I think natures spirit incubators are awsome. I just purchased one about 2 months ago and have had awsome results.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:06 AM   #13
LeosForLess
I recently made a highly effectiv one out of a small cooler. Im made it to maintain a very low temp to make darker geckos. Ill post pics in te morning. All you need is a cooler, 50 watt heater, and a screen. I may purchase a larger cooler to hold more eggs. IT maintaine the temp ver ywell AND if it gets too high you can change it and it adjusts i nminutes, not like the hova bator.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #14
raiquee
Hello Tonya, my name is Desire'! Welcome to the forum!

As far as incubators go, i have just a simple Hovabator. But i do have a empty fridge in the basement waiting to be turned into a first class incubator for my leo eggs and for my boyfriends ball python eggs

Only thing i can recommend is a very good thermo for your incubator. I am going to end up putting a helix on mine, i have a simple thermo on there now. It does the job, but i love the helixes.

What type of inclosure do you plan on putting them in? Are you going to move to a rack system when you get a number of them? Most people on fauna have rack systems, however Marica (golden gate geckos) has AWESOME natural vivs for her adults. I do believe she has racks for hatchlings however....

Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #15
lilraider
Hi tonya,
welcome you will have great fun here alot on very usefull info here so be ready to soak it all in!

-John

Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM   #16
Golden Gate Geckos
Welcome to the Leopard Gecko Forum! I think you will find the best information available from the best-of-the-best breeders and keepers here on this site, so fasten your seat belt and get ready for the ride!

Old 12-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #17
perefalcon
I'm gonig to start changing over an old work cabinet to accomidate my leos. Here's a pic of it now. I'll make sure to post pics of it when it's done. I made some notes on the pics.

I'm going to strip it, and repaint it with an acrylic paint...unless that's not safe...any idea what paint is safe?

And what do you guys think about the size? How many females do you think would be good for each enclosure?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!