my leo setup - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
shadraak
my leo setup

ofcourse the wire will be under stuff lol, but what do you think for this setup? for 2 adult females? the UTH is crappy but it's slowly raising up on full power in an hour or so it should be finished so i can dim it down to where it needs to be lol. warm now is like 85, cool is 76
also my suppliments, will be feeding the crix oats but what about this for the calcium and vitamine dusts? i hope they're a good brand, the calc, doesn't say anything about having vitamins in it as well.
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
www.leogeckos.com
Those supplements arent the greatest. I use Rep-cal Calcium and Rep-Cal Multivitamins. Rep-cal has been recommended by many leo breeders and my Veterinarian.
Cool setup.
Good Luck

Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
shadraak
but will they be ok for a while? i mean best i could get, only 3 petshops here, and 1 burned down they had the best stuff, i'm stuck with this POS place that charges $.11 each crix i got a dish of the calcium stuff but i dont think it has D3 in it but oats should be ok for the crix right? then i put in wet papertowels for water. just looks so very small to me

Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 PM   #4
Th3HiddenGecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.leogeckos.com
Those supplements arent the greatest. I use Rep-cal Calcium and Rep-Cal Multivitamins. Rep-cal has been recommended by many leo breeders and my Veterinarian.
Cool setup.
Good Luck
Do you use the calcium w/ vitamin D3 or w/o?

Old 02-24-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
shadraak
that doesn't say that it has any d-3 in it that i can see lol, haven't used any yet, supposed to go get the leo's tonight if he ever messages me lol.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
www.leogeckos.com
I use both Calcium with D3 and without...I only use the Calcium with the D3 once every 2 weeks. I use the Calcium every feeding...

heres their site, it has a page that shows you who sells it.

http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm

Old 02-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
www.leogeckos.com
you can buy the repcal at www.lllreptile.com
good luck

Old 02-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
shadraak
i know where i can buy it, just needed something for the next week or so, i think this will be just fine, i got 20 crix in that 10g so far, they probably wont eat tonight, or if i'm lucky the guy i'm getting the leo's from might have some crix for me temp is at 87 still very slowly rising, where should i look for the hotside to stop at? i made a new humid hide lol. one of those togo containers filled with bed-a-beast (similar) it's coconut fibers lol hopefully it'll be ok, i feel like i got too much junk in there gotta have a corner they'll go to the bathroom in too, and ofcourse more papertowels/newspaper means less heat will go thru ugh not fair lol, do you guys notice yours going on the hot or the cold side more? the bathroom that is.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
shadraak
ok temps are now on the surface (if the probe is under the towel's it's in the 90's) but what it is reading now is.
75 cool
86 warm it's a tote andi dont have a screen top for it otherwise i'd put a light on it this UTH is soooo horrible, but it's gotta last a few days till my 11" flexwatt comes in then i can put a small strip on here and use the dimmer and we should be set but until then i hope these temps will stay, ofcourse it always goes down when i open the top lol, weird, the closet is showing 78 was thinking of putting them ontop of my snake cage too to see if that would boost the heat which it may i may do that in about an hour to see what that does for temps

Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 PM   #10
HerpAddict
I recommend measuring the hot temp on the floor inside the hot hide. They don't generally hang out in the open (especially when new and stressed out), so you should try to make the hides the correct temperature.

What is the dimension of the tote you are putting them in? It does look a bit crowded, especially if you are still putting in a humid hide. How many leos are going in there? What age? By the size of those crickets, I would assume adult...

I highly recommend installing a screen top in the lid of the container if you are not able to use a thermostat on the UTH currently, as the entire container might heat up so much that it won't matter where the hot or cold side is. From my experience, the air inside closed containers gets pretty warm and humid quickly. Also, they need fresh air, so at the very least, puncture a lot of holes in the sides of the container.

To make a screen lid, go to a hardware store, and buy an appropriate size of aluminum fly screen. Then just cut a large hole in the center of the lid, and hot glue the screen to it. It's pretty simple and only takes 5 minutes to do the whole thing. All my crested rubbermaids have this, and I did it to a leo bin that I use as temporary housing.

People here on fauna are nice, and will answer questions if you ask! I think most people will agree that we'd prefer you ask a "dumb" question and help out your gecko(s) rather than have them in a non-ideal situation.

Goodluck with your new friends, and careful, you can't have just one!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!