FHO Surgery for a 65lb. GSD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Slipmattic
Question FHO Surgery for a 65lb. GSD

I have browsed alot of different ads on the net, all have said you should not do FHO on dogs over 50lbs. But i took my dog to the vet today after crying for 2 days about situation. My GSD has mild hip displasia in both hips. His vet said that she has done multiple FHO surgerys on larger breed dogs and it was successful. I know obviousley their are chances or instances where in did not work, or they have side effects. But the idea behind the surgery is to eliminate the pain or as mush as possible. I guess im seeing if anyone vets are on this site and could help or anyone that has gotton this surgery with a heavier dog and it working. He currentley is on pedigree, and will be switching to large breed with glucosemine, and is taking glucosomine sulfate now. He will be starting on asprin tommarow for pain. Any ideas or helpful links would be appreciated.

Matt Krause BTW FHO is (femoral head ostectomy), basically cutting the femoral head off of the bone to take away pain.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!