Inquiry Rockabirdie- Thomas Munoz - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #21
riddick07
It’s probably been too long to dispute it at this point thru the cc. I was just about to go on 3 months and only just got it in before the September statement closed and I was unable to dispute the charges on the July statement. My cc lets you dispute charges on like 2 statements back plus the current statement that’s not closed, I was lucky that I contacted him when I did. I would call and be sure though in case you still have a small window left.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #22
snakesareawesome
Sorry to hear about the situation. Thommy historically was a great seller. Has anyone tried to call him and see what's going on? I hope he is doing OK

Old 12-01-2018, 04:18 AM   #23
LauraB
I certainly would like to see you refunded, Andy. You are absolutely due a refund at this point, so do pursue it.

That said, I also do hope Thom is okay; he's had a good rep for a long time here. But shite happens and over the years here we have seen good, reputable breeders / sellers disappoint and shock us as biz declines. Really don't like the idea that Rockabirdie may have gone to the dark side.

PS - As far as PayPal is concerned, I closed my personal account a few years ago when my account got hacked and I got ripped off. PayPal did nothing to assist me in my attempt to ID the hacker or recomp my lost funds. Please don't judge sellers just because they may not take PayPal.

Hope you get every penny refunded, Andy.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:24 AM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
given that he told the OP
We do not know for sure what he has told the OP. The OP has made allegations and has not backed them up with emails or proof despite my request yesterday.

We DO know that Robert says he contacted Thomas and that Thomas's account has visited the site several times since the allegations were made.

Rockabirdie's Profile Picture
Rockabirdie is at reputation level 10 - 49

Benefactor Member
Trader Rating: (4) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 12-01-2018 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Something doesn't seem right here. Hopefully he will post and explain what's going on.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #25
Robert Walker
You hate to think the worst, but from what we do know...
1. We have this active thread for no delievery
2. Thomas is here each day, but remains silent
3. IS on his facebook page right now, actively trying to sell off cages.
https://www.facebook.com/RockabirdieReptiles/

1+1+1 = not looking good.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #26
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
I hope he is doing OK

Kevin,
Let's say for sake of argument, Thomas isn't doing OK, and has a catch in his get along, WHY, can't he come here and answer the OP here on the BOI? He comes here and Farcebook often, So given his problem, if any, gives him NO REASON not to let his fingers do the walking, and speaking up......

Not looking good!

JMHO

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 12-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #27
tlmoon
Ah, good point Lucille. A screen shot of him saying his animals had died would be
important to see for confirmation.

Thomas's silence at this point speaks volumes. If he's legitimately getting out of the herp business, he could just say so.

Continuing to accept payment and post ads with repeated failure to actually ship the animals, while not coming forward on this thread to say what's happening is very concerning.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #28
JimM
I can't believe how much this happens ! They advertise animals for sale that they don't have, take the money for them and then don't ship for monthes - if ever - because they never had the animals in the first place LOL. And then what a battle getting a refund !!

I read about the one guy taking money for some turtles and then went turtle hunting in 40 degree weather to see if he could fill the order WTF is going on in this hobby ???

I don't buy anything from classifieds anymore ... only from friends or referrals from them.

Anyway, I hope this guy gets his money back ... but agree with others that it doesn't look good at this point. But I hope we're wrong.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #29
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
I don't buy anything from classifieds anymore
Someone with a previous good record that changes abruptly is unusual, and as you see, the community cottons to such changes pretty fast, significantly shortening risk exposure. Much faster than in the old days because there are now communities that watch out for the little guy, and alert to possible problems, and this community is the best.
In my opinion, buying from the classified with a BOI search is ordinarily a good way to go.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #30
snakesareawesome
I've purchased hundreds of herps and never had a problem go unresolved yet. Pay using seller protection, buy from known good dealer, and always do a search for any recent feedback and you should be golden. If the delays become much longer than expected ask for refund and you can always reorder later should the situation become favorable again. Make sure the matter is resolved or refunded sooner rather than later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!