Potential problem, I need some opinions - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #11
Pennebaker
You know, not saying that this is the case, but we do all make mistakes. Once I was supposed to ship someone a male chameleon, somehow, someway I shipped a female. When they told me that, I coulnt believe it--went through my stock, replayed the day a million times and swore up and down that I would never have been that stupid. Well, I was that stupid (she had photos to show me)--I had her ship back (I offered for her just to keep the female and I'd send the male for free, but she didnt have an extra tank), and shipped the boy back to her (all on my dime of course--talk about losing money on shipping 3x for one veiled chameleon). Major brain fart--does happen. I'm just glad I did not get so sure about it to argue--would have made me the fool.
I'd just ship the extra 2 also.
Dana

Old 01-15-2003, 02:51 PM   #12
Neil Gubitz
Corey.... it ain't no big thing.... just send him two more....

You guys remember when good ole Jerry Tubbs shipped three people the wrong packages??.... I'm still cracking up over that one!

A couple of months ago, I had ordered some kind of BABY snake from someone, and the next day, I get this 12 FOOT SCRUB PYTHON delivered via UPS.... WHAT????.... If that's a baby, I'm in trouble!!.... lol.... obviously, the seller had sat on some wet grass that day, and got water on the brain!!.... lol.... So, after his Frontal Lobotomy, we were able to fix things, easily!

CHIT HAPPENS, man!!.... Just go with the flow.... what else CAN you do??

....Neil

Old 01-15-2003, 04:36 PM   #13
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Just wanted to contend slightly with Neil's argument about not telling the customer beforehand that the box was multilayered. I've received tons of shipments. Some have been more than one layer, some haven't. No matter what, I ALWAYS thoroughly dig through my packages to be sure I'm not missing any receipts, documents, or other animals. NONE of the people that have shipped multi-layered boxes to me have ever warned me about it, and they didn't have to. Common sense would dictate that if I ordered 4 turtles, and I open a tall crate with only 2 in it, I'm going to be going all the way through the box until I find the other two(we are of course assuming 4 were sent in the first place). To ME at least, if a customer needs THAT much handholding that you have to explain how to look through the box to find the animals, maybe they need help.

But anyway, it sounds like either they didn't get packed like you thought(I doubt it) or someone opened it along the way and took some turtles(I really doubt that as well) OR your customer is trying to get a couple of extra turtles for nothing(Doctor doesn't mean Saint). But I guess sending him the two extras is the best course of action since there is no proof or blame acceptance being taken by anyone.

Old 01-16-2003, 09:40 AM   #14
HerpMasters Inc.
my 2 cents worth

I would just send 2 more turtles. I think it is very possible that someone got into the package took a couple of turtles and then tried to fix it. I would only do this after I researched and researched on my end to make sure I was not 2 turtles heavy for some reason.

Old 01-16-2003, 10:57 AM   #15
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
This is not meant as a slight on anyone, but how many of you guys honestly think that the package handlers at Delta number 1 know or care about the kind of turtle in the box? And number 2, even if there was one that did, do you honestly think for a second it would be worth the risk to their job to break into a package, take 2 turtles that aren't worth all THAT much money, repack the ones that he/she didn't keep in a completely different manner, and then reseal up the package? Sounds a bit farfetched doesn't it? And really, how much time do handlers have with individual boxes anyway? If they did it like I described, it would probably take a minimum of ten minutes(probably more) and I don't think the people at Delta have ten minutes or more to spare to do all that.

Old 01-16-2003, 11:40 AM   #16
PMHerps
>package handlers at Delta number 1 know or care about the kind of turtle in the box?

Deltas facility in Atlanta is considered the 'black hole'... I personally know of dozens of animals that have disappeared there.. I'm talking entire boxes at times...

Old 01-16-2003, 10:09 PM   #17
Suncoast Herpetological
2 turtles are definitely not worth your reputation Corey. Especially since you say you have no reason to believe that the customer is not being 100% truthful. Chalk it off to cost of doing business. Send him the 2 new ones with an apology for the mixup and you will get more good advertising from his word of mouth than you could buy for the cost of the 2 turtles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!