Couple of shots from last month - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
hhmoore
Couple of shots from last month

This is the biggest of my females (even bigger than my albino girl ). She should be good for around 15 babies come summertime.
photo taken in a VE-175 during cage cleaning
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
That girl is looking good Harald!

She's so dark too. Is that due to incubation? Or is she just a dark ground Boa?

Looks promising for sure. Hope you get a nice fat litter from her.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
hhmoore
She IS the darkest of my 3 girls - well, she's darker than my males, too, as far as that goes - but that looks dark, even for her. I suspect some of it is because of the hormonal changes, but she might have been going into a shed, too. I'll pop off some new pics of her & the others over the next week when I go through cages.

*Sunday will be 90 days for that albino, Rick...will clean her cage once more, so I'll try to remember to pop off a few pics. I think I am going to change her over to mulch to keep up the humidity and (hopefully) ease the postpartum cleanup. Besides, that way I won't have to pull her out to.
**My only concern is the impact of the deep particulate substrate on temps...I am not going to change that whole stack over, and I still have them controlled together.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
I changed my girls out last weekend to aspen shavings. Last time I used 2" of Peat moss, but Aurora did a little burrow thing, and shoved it all out to the sides and coiled in the middle. So I put less over the hot spot this time around for both girls, and left the indented kraft paper too. Seems to be working. They still have the same temps as always.

MJ is hazing over as we speak. Almost totally blue right now. Pretty weird too. She's due on March 5th.

Looking forward to those pics if you can get them. And babies soon too.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
hhmoore
Mine just shed a couple days ago. Took 2 shots tonite, just to be sure I got some.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
hhmoore
A little slow in getting the other pics up...but I did take them.
The first is one of the shots I took a week ago, the second & third are from today, in the VE-175, while I was loading her cage up with mulch (looking a bit stretched & lumpy - her POS shed was, I believe, on 11/24). The fourth, that is another girl entirely - I somehow think that I haven't posted pics of her...or if I did, it was 2-3 yrs ago. She is an early 05, purchased from Mike Wilbanks. I figured I would toss her in, as I have been neglectful (or would it be considered shielding her from the spotlight?). I'll have to try to get better pics of her at some point.
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
hhmoore
Oh, and the other two female dumerils - 2 of each.
The first is the smaller of the two, but not by a whole lot any more (I'm actually not sure she still is smaller, lol...but she WAS, and that is how I still think of her). The female pictured earlier in this thread has probably a good foot on either of them.
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
Dums are sure nice looking Boas. I still find it hard to tell the two ground Boas apart. LOL Maybe one day I'll get one of each and practice.

So, is Molly from a coral parent? She sure has some nice pinks on her. You try and breed her this year? Both are looking great though. The gravid girl is pretty big. Hope you get a mess of babies from that one.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #9
hhmoore
Nope - she's on the list for next year, though. I was kind of surprised to see her at 12 lbs...she's was still that cute little baby in my eyes

Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
hhmoore
Well, I changed her cage to mulch...after 6 hrs, the hot spot wasn't more than 85 degrees. I gave it a quick flip, and it ended up right where I wanted it....except everybody else in that stack now has a hot spot 10 degrees higher than it was. Not sure if I will give them mulch to equalize it (will have to buy & thaw more), or just leave them there til she drops and turn the whole stack back down again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!