(GOOD GUY) Rich from Reptile Basics, Inc. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
grandmagreen
(GOOD GUY) Rich from Reptile Basics, Inc.

I had an extremely smooth transaction with Rich, last week. He was very pleasant on the phone. He quickly answered all my emails. His website (www.reptilebasics.com) is very easy to use and is full of great information. I placed my order around 9:00 p.m. from his site. The next morning my UPS tracking number was waiting for me in my email Inbox. I was surprised to receive my tracking number so quickly, as Rich had to assemble a few items for my order. The order arrived, everything is setup, and is working great.

Regards,
Edward

Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
snakewrangler
I bought Ultratherm heat pads from Rich last month. I ordered on a Monday and got them on Wednesday. Awesome service

Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
frankykeno
I think what I appreciate most about Rich is his great customer service. He treats the small collection owner, the newbie breeder or the owner of one pet snake just like they were his biggest customers. You never get the feeling like your little $50 or $100 order isn't worth his time. That's really appreciated and sadly, not as common as it should be.

Recently we were doing our first snake rack construction (we already have one of his racks which is fantastic). My husband and I weren't sure about a certain wood product we wanted to use as a backboard for the rack. A quick phone call to Rich regarding this material with the use of flexwatt quickly addressed our concerns.

Our experience has been that Rich has always been patient and professional in answering any questions we've had, always shipped his products very quickly and without fail, in perfect working condition. He's become the supplier I most often recommended to new keepers.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
mike17l
I bought some ranco thermostats from them a while back, great guys, great product.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankykeno
I think what I appreciate most about Rich is his great customer service. He treats the small collection owner, the newbie breeder or the owner of one pet snake just like they were his biggest customers. You never get the feeling like your little $50 or $100 order isn't worth his time. That's really appreciated and sadly, not as common as it should be.

Recently we were doing our first snake rack construction (we already have one of his racks which is fantastic). My husband and I weren't sure about a certain wood product we wanted to use as a backboard for the rack. A quick phone call to Rich regarding this material with the use of flexwatt quickly addressed our concerns.

Our experience has been that Rich has always been patient and professional in answering any questions we've had, always shipped his products very quickly and without fail, in perfect working condition. He's become the supplier I most often recommended to new keepers.
Excellent post Jo! I have bought If I need it and Rich sells it, I buy it from him. He is a great guy, excellent businessman and someone I consider a friend.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
cccreptile
I got 2, 32 qt rack from Rich at the last NC show, and they were flawless. The next racks I get will be from Rich. and after seeing his open font cages I'm probably going to sale my old ones and replace them with his when I get my funds right.
Rich is very helpful, and has great cages.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
KJUN
When I need supplies, racks, etc. - I always START with Rich's website. When I have questions, he answers them quickly. I really like his products, and I love his customer service. His shipping it FAST, and I respect him as a person.

I have lost count how much money I have sent to him for racks, supplies, and more. I just placed another order last week, and I'm probably going to place another one this upcoming week.

You can't go wrong ordering from RBI!
KJ

Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
ceridwen
Since I used the BOI to pick where I purchased from I should probably contribute.

I was about to order a rack from AP but was a bit concerned about how long it would take to get since I wanted the rack relatively quickly. After reading here I checked out Reptile Basics and ordered a 32qt sweaterbox rack from them. The transaction went smoothly and I had my rack in my hands in less than 10 days.

I am very happy with the rack and I like that the cost included everything. Heat, tubs, shipping, all included. I've got 2 snakes in it right now and they've settled into their new home nicely.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankykeno

Very good post. Their customer service is very good!

I don't usually write good guy posts for those that are well known...and I see I was in error. I have brought several racks and articles from him myself and will be ordering more soon.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
Quiet Tempest
I bought heat tape and a thermostat from Reptile Basics not so long ago and couldn't have been happier with my purchase. Everything was assembled EXACTLY as I had asked and I received my order days earlier than expected! I will definitely do business again when I need more supplies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!