Inquiry Jordan Russell of California Breeders Union - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 AM   #21
KNOBTAIL
Heather, hold on

First of all, I made a separate inquiry into Jordan on another thread, and I can tell you : and I am a real stickler about gathering information, that I just received a shipment from Jordan yesterday . 02/3/10... The geckos which I ordered, sight unseen, unsexed were exquisite. Packed very well, and the inside of the box was still warm...

I dont think Jordan has any reason to hide anything to consummate a sale. He is relatively a necomer to the business end. But he may not have all the answers to all the questions. If you feel that this raises a red flag of sorts, I think you are over reacting without giving him a chance...

The aquisition of where or how he received his inventory should not be in question. Provided its legal, and that he did not steal it, should be suffice if its being offered for sale..

Heather, if you have any rservations, you can always say "no" without looking for something that may be more innocuous then you seem to imply in your posts....

I think you may have over reacted considering that you have received nothing and paid nothing... JERRY

Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #22
katebirdrex
Wow. I don't know either one of you, and from that perspective here are my thoughts:

1) Heather, if you have 4 degrees including a 'higher level' one in vet medicine, why be so cagey? Why don't you just say what that degree is so that people can decide for themselves whether it might add some weight to your opinions? Likewise, you note that you work for a "major institution," and a quick google search on your name suggested that you work in child development--which is fine, but I'm not sure I believe that makes you an expert on reptiles in general, or D. guianensis in particular.

On a pure curiosity note, you say there are many successful D. guianensis breeding programs in the US--would you mind sharing what some of those are? I know they were successfully bred @ Shedd a few years ago, but have heard little about other successes--but my primary focus is on other species so I may not be part of that grapevine. I do want to work with this species in the future, so I keep an eye on what's happening with them in the states.

2) Jordan--I was pretty sympathetic to you after reading Heather's posts (mostly because I don't think someone should opine so harshly about someone they haven't even done business with), but my advice would be to try to keep it professional. You don't do yourself or your business any favors by namecalling, whether those names are true or not.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
katebirdrex
Ugh, sorry--full name is Kate Evans.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by katebirdrex View Post
Wow. I don't know either one of you, and from that perspective here are my thoughts:

1) Heather, if you have 4 degrees including a 'higher level' one in vet medicine, why be so cagey? Why don't you just say what that degree is so that people can decide for themselves whether it might add some weight to your opinions? Likewise, you note that you work for a "major institution," and a quick google search on your name suggested that you work in child development--which is fine, but I'm not sure I believe that makes you an expert on reptiles in general, or D. guianensis in particular.

On a pure curiosity note, you say there are many successful D. guianensis breeding programs in the US--would you mind sharing what some of those are? I know they were successfully bred @ Shedd a few years ago, but have heard little about other successes--but my primary focus is on other species so I may not be part of that grapevine. I do want to work with this species in the future, so I keep an eye on what's happening with them in the states.

2) Jordan--I was pretty sympathetic to you after reading Heather's posts (mostly because I don't think someone should opine so harshly about someone they haven't even done business with), but my advice would be to try to keep it professional. You don't do yourself or your business any favors by namecalling, whether those names are true or not.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #25
EXCLUSIVELY EXOTICS
I just have to add my $0.02. I picked up 2 caiman lizards from Jordan who was more than professional. I received proper care instructions for them and he also sent me a separate package with food since I was unable to get it myself prior to their arrival. These animals are great and feeding well. Top notch in my book! Thanks Jordan, I would not hesitate to do business with you again!

Vic Machese

Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #26
KNOBTAIL
You can buy with assurance

My experience with a nice purchase was about as good as you can get. His representation of whatever he sells is as stated... JERRY

Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #27
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Breeders Union View Post
My final response- get some prozac. You are 100% insane.

Jordan Russell
That was mildly offensive and unprofessional.. That comment alone put you on my 'don't deal with' list, even though that's not worth anything to anyone but me.

FYI - If you're actually insane, Prozac isn't gonna cut it.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #28
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
That was mildly offensive and unprofessional.. That comment alone put you on my 'don't deal with' list, even though that's not worth anything to anyone but me.

FYI - If you're actually insane, Prozac isn't gonna cut it.
I kinda agree with this. Jordan, do you breed your own animals or are you mainly brokering. I have no problem with brokers, but just was wondering. Thanks.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #29
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
I kinda agree with this. Jordan, do you breed your own animals or are you mainly brokering. I have no problem with brokers, but just was wondering. Thanks.
i haven't done any business with him, but i see his posts on Craigslist for retics, and he states clearly that there Prehistoric pets stock.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 AM   #30
California Breeders Union
I both breed reptiles and broker them. I broker for the a large portion of my income, I breed reptiles because I enjoy them.

I believe I have posted 2 ads on craigslist in my life for reptiles (both were very low end local sale type listings), although I have had numerous people ask me about repeated postings I have allegedly made on craigslist. Be sure to call my cell before sending whoever is posting ads money (714.931.9903), from the calls I've received it sounds like there are people posting ads under other people's names to get them to send money.

Regards,
Jordan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!