Bad Guy Reptile Depot.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
sizzlindragons
Reptile Depot....

Just wanted to warn everyone not to order from this place.
Before Christmas I ordered 6 under tank heaters and rheostat and it was to arrive by the next Monday. I spoke with someone and was assured it would be here in time for my geckos to arrive.
That next Tuesday still nothing was here. I called and was passed around till finally someone said they had just arrived that day and they would be sent out and at my door by Thursday and good news it was the updated version of the UTH's and they were much better. I explained why I needed them and he agreed it was bad they did not send an email stating they were on back order. Peter said he would send them that day.
I waited and nothing came again so Monday I called and spoke with Peter who said he forgot to ship them, that it was his fault and I was irritated but still kind at this point and explained my situation with cold geckos. He stated he would definitely send them that day and throw in some free stuff. I said I did not care about the free stuff just send my order. He said they would be here by Thursday and since I was getting more geckos and would need more heat I could pay him more of my money to add more heaters to the order and the shipping would not be more. With a laugh I kindly told him I would not be spending any more money with them since I still have yet to recieve my first order. He very kindly promised they would arrive by Thursday with out a doubt and was pretty convincing. Surprise nothing was here Thursday.
I called again the next Monday and of course Peter was not in anymore and I still being kind explained I needed my heaters and they said they had not shipped and I should call back when Peter was in.
Yet another week went by and I called today and asked for Peter. They said "sure hang on", then he said "may I ask who is calling?". I told him who it was and after a long wait Peter was not available. I am extremely upset at this point and my kindness has left me and I asked for a refund and was told that I could not get a refund but since the rheostat was on back order I could wait another week for them to ship. I told him not to bother and what a great company he was all the while he had attitude to start with and he was supposedly the manager.
I know they are full of poo and have had everything to ship for weeks but failed to do it.
They are horrible with customer service and could care less once they get your money to even send your products. They must have a high profit since they charge for products and never send them.
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!! DO NOT SPEND A DIME WITH THEM.
I am currently working with paypal to get a refund since I paid with my paypal master card. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Iraqvet
Wow,I had just seen there website last week and was actually thinking about getting the little 10 gallon snake starter set up for my nephew..No way in heck I am gonna get that from them now..People who run a bussiness like that will get theirs one day..I hope you get your money back..As I couldnt imagine someone telling me I couldnt get my money back,even though they dont wanna ship the merchandise..Thats just rediculous..Almost as rediculous as their $1100 price tag on the super pastel..They remind me of my local pet store..He goes to snake shows and gets cheap snakes..Then sells them for 3 times what they are worth and tells me how he only makes like $10 profits of his snakes..He also guarantees they are the most healthy snakes ever,until you pay for them...He wont even guarantee them for 24 hours..Needless to say,I dont buy from him..Sorry for the rant..I hope these turds give you your money back..

Old 01-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
sizzlindragons
I am glad you were smart enough to check on here first. Obviously I was not.
I did not even think of doing a BOI search since they advertise on kingsnake and places so much. I figured they had to be legit. If I had even just googled their name it would have come up with tons of bad reviews and red flags.

It makes me wonder how places like kingsnake and such will continue to allow them to advertise with all the bad publicity and reviews they get?
I guess its not their job to weed out the bad guys.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Tim Cole
Just for future reference, I get all of my heating and thermostats from Reptile Basics. http://www.reptilebasics.com/

Good prices and very good service.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlindragons View Post
I am glad you were smart enough to check on here first. Obviously I was not.
I did not even think of doing a BOI search since they advertise on kingsnake and places so much. I figured they had to be legit. If I had even just googled their name it would have come up with tons of bad reviews and red flags.

It makes me wonder how places like kingsnake and such will continue to allow them to advertise with all the bad publicity and reviews they get?
I guess its not their job to weed out the bad guys.
Well I lucked out..I was gonna go ahead and get it this weekend cause my nephew wants a little corn snake or somthin..I usually look at the boi daily,and didnt even think about doing a search on them..I figured they had to be legit as well,they do have a nice web page..I do hope the cc company can help you..Its one thing when a common internet criminal does this,but someone who operates a store front does it,it makes me alittle more angry..

Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
sizzlindragons
Thanks Tim!! I will definitely be ordering some heat tape. I just wish someone sold heat tape in the size you want already clipped and ready to plug in. I want like 6 already set up and ready to plug in.lol
Iraqvet I am glad you did not send them money and I know what you mean about the store front. Its easier to scam people I guess but now days it seems like if they have a store front and web sales they are the ones to stay away from.
Good luck with your snake search.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
cinderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlindragons View Post
Thanks Tim!! I will definitely be ordering some heat tape. I just wish someone sold heat tape in the size you want already clipped and ready to plug in. I want like 6 already set up and ready to plug in.lol
Iraqvet I am glad you did not send them money and I know what you mean about the store front. Its easier to scam people I guess but now days it seems like if they have a store front and web sales they are the ones to stay away from.
Good luck with your snake search.
rich at reptilebasics.com does, you can email or call him to let him know what you're looking for. GREAT guy.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
Just for future reference, I get all of my heating and thermostats from Reptile Basics. http://www.reptilebasics.com/

Good prices and very good service.
Posted 11-22-2004
I just received a Helix System from the Bean Farm and wanted to post a positive note about a good company to deal with. I went to their facility back in the early 90's and have dealt with them ever since. I buy all of my heat tape and thermostats from them and still have flexwatt in use since the early 80's. I have bought snakes and equipment from them with satisfaction everytime.

Keep it up Bean Farm!

So which is it?

Randal Berry

Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Posted 11-22-2004
I just received a Helix System from the Bean Farm and wanted to post a positive note about a good company to deal with. I went to their facility back in the early 90's and have dealt with them ever since. I buy all of my heat tape and thermostats from them and still have flexwatt in use since the early 80's. I have bought snakes and equipment from them with satisfaction everytime.

Keep it up Bean Farm!

So which is it?

Randal Berry
They are both good folks. I too was at their house back in the early 90's buying flexwatt and baby rosy boas!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
sizzlindragons
Thanks Tim!! I will see what place has the best prices. Its good to have choices. If you trust them then I will try them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!