Bad Guy Reptile Depot.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
Bill
Thumbs down Reptile Depot

Wow wish I could say I am shocked to see another complaint about Reptile Depot, I know you did not check the Bio first before ordering (I made the same mistake) but you will see that they will continue to lie to you on the phone and say they will ship your order or give you fake FedEX Tracking numbers. This place is a JOKE.. I just got done faxing in my paperwork to my credit card company to get a refund on the order I placed with them.

I have purchased from the Bean Farm and Reptile Basic and they both were great.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
sizzlindragons
Bill, I definitely did not check on here first and I should have. Lesson learned.
I am also faxing in my paperwork and filed a complaint with the better business bureau, they will get back with me tomorrow.
Its annoying that so many people can not be trusted and are still out there advertising and taking peoples money.
Good luck and I hope you get your money back. I hope we get refunded on the same day so it hits them a little harder in the books. Maybe they will do better business, all you can hope for.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
LauraB
Some years ago I ordered dry goods I needed fairly quickly from them. Not only was my CC charged a ridiculous shipping fee (which they did correct/credit after 1 email and 1 phone call), but my order took nearly 3 weeks to deliver. By that time, I had already placed the same order with another company that did not let me down. Needless to say, Reptile Depot did not get any repeat business from me.

Personally, I stick with LLL or Reptile Supply (.com)

Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
jbt123
Reptile Depot pulled this crap with me a few months back.

I ordered a Leopard Tortoise from them on the assurance that "we have a really nice one here right now, and I can get it shipped to you tonight to arrive tomorrow!"

Needless to say, I never recieved a tracking number. So I called them,

"Good news, we'll be getting some more in on Thursday, but we sold the last 7 to someone else..."

I was irritated, but I agreed. I even told them to make sure they were healthy before shipping. He assured me he would.

Thursday, no email. No phone call. So I called on Friday. I asked if they have gotten any Leopard tortoises in yet.

"No, not yet".

I then asked for a refund.

"Sure, we'll refund your money right away."

So, I ordered a leo from a reputable breeder. Tort arrived happy and healthy the very next day.

Well, we got our credit card statement in the mail. We had not recieved a refund (this was two weeks later!)

I called them. I asked them why they didn't give me a refund.

"Well according to our internet policy, if you order online we CANNOT give you a refund. You agreed to this according to our terms and conditions."

WTF? I was so mad. I told the guy "look, you're either going to give my money back or I'm just going to call the CC company and get them to reverse charges".

RD: "Well we can still send you a leo"

Me: "I already ORDERED one from someone else and have already received one. I do not want another one."

RD: "Well, why didn't you call us sooner to see if we had any in stock?"

Me: "Why should I? As a business YOU should be contacting me about MY order that I already paid for!"

RD: "Well, we will ship one out to you."

Me: "I bet you don't even have any in stock do you?"

RD: "No, but we will soon!"

Me: "No thanks. I'm getting my money back."

RD: "We're offering to ship your product to you! Isn't that what you want?"

Me: "No. You are a horrible business if you don't give money back to a customer who paid for something that you do not even have in stock. That's called STEALING. I am getting my money back."

RD: "Do what you want."

WHAT A JERK! I think I was actually talking to that Peter guy...

I got my money back (thank god) but I would NEVER do business with them again.

-Justyne Dickson

Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #15
Jt80
I would have no problem buying dry goods from LLL. But live animals, forget about it.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #16
dbungard
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH REPTILE DEPOT

I've been caught in their trap for a few weeks now.

Ordered various hardgoods from them on Jan 2nd, got the confirmation e-mail.

Week goes by, no shipping notice. Send a few e-mails, no response.
Call them, get the runaround. Call again, told short one item, but rest shipping that night. Call back in two days, same story, shipping that night.

Been 3 weeks now and no shipping notice.

Tired of it.

E-mailed them and them they are criminals committing FRAUD. Hope they get shut down.

Filed a claim with my CC company.

STAY AWAY FROM REPTILE DEPOT!!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
sizzlindragons
It seems to be the normal for this company.
You should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org). I did and I was told if they get so many investigations they will close them down. Not sure if its true but cant hurt? It only took like 2 minutes to file the complaint. They are already in their system numerous times.
Good luck.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #18
dbungard
Complaint filed with BBB.

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #19
Jt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt80 View Post
I would have no problem buying dry goods from LLL. But live animals, forget about it.
Jeez, do I feel stupid. This went in the wrong thread. Sorry!

Keeping on this topic, I wouldn't order anything at all from Reptile Depot. I don't know how these guys are still in business.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #20
ace9916
Morning everyone

Reptiles basics will assemple them to your needs for you. you just need to notify them before finishing your order.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!