Bad Guy Reptile Depot.... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #31
Mechancete
Thumbs down Reptile Depot

I as well placed an order with these people as well. Backorder excuses, never bothered to ship, excuses, also there seems to be this fictional Peter charachter too. Everything seems to be Peters fault. Their Better Business Bereau rating is an F. They fail to give refunds, Numerous reports of run arounds. I too have been waiting for over a month for supplies and still nothing. Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:iagree :

Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #32
SouthernDragons
DiAnn

It states on the NARBC site, that Reptile Depot will be a vendor at the show in Arlington this year. Maybe you can print out your reciept and email replys and give them hell in person. See what kinda of excuse they come up with there..

Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #33
TattooLost
Good to know they'll be there, so I can avoid that table.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #34
Utta
Tables... I believe there a sponcer so they'll have tables like LLL. And I hope everyone attending will give em hell in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooLost View Post
Good to know they'll be there, so I can avoid that table.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #35
jason longboard
I stopped by RD this weekend, something must be going on with the store. The crested groups and the gargs looked healthy, everything else was crazy. Snakes were partial sheds, dead rodents shredded all over the monitor cages and the monitors were sick skinny looking, the entire place smelled of death. About 20 chameleon cages with nothing but a totally dead plant hanging inside, at least 10 vacant aquatic setups with nothing but green swamp land. A full size corn in a 10 gallon, and so on and so on...................

at least the store used to be ok, their was a guy building some naturalistic vivs and they do have alot of that, but something is real wrong their. I was embarrassed to even be in the store because Im sure some of the workers could tell I was wondering wtf is going on.

Anyways, sad really. The website shows an entire dif world, dont fall for it, plenty of ppl keeping things super clean that need your business.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #36
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason longboard View Post
I stopped by RD this weekend, something must be going on with the store. The crested groups and the gargs looked healthy, everything else was crazy. Snakes were partial sheds, dead rodents shredded all over the monitor cages and the monitors were sick skinny looking, the entire place smelled of death. About 20 chameleon cages with nothing but a totally dead plant hanging inside, at least 10 vacant aquatic setups with nothing but green swamp land. A full size corn in a 10 gallon, and so on and so on...................

at least the store used to be ok, their was a guy building some naturalistic vivs and they do have alot of that, but something is real wrong their. I was embarrassed to even be in the store because Im sure some of the workers could tell I was wondering wtf is going on.

Anyways, sad really. The website shows an entire dif world, dont fall for it, plenty of ppl keeping things super clean that need your business.
Jason, whats really sad, is there IS some chams in those cages. i havent been in there for a while, but unless they got rid of the store pets there are 4-5 full grown chams on the end near the register.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #37
jason longboard
yeah I saw one,it was Grey and looked at me for help. Maybe animal control or something whats do you think. The bad thing about that is it reflects on the entire banning issues. I would say we could go their and just ask what the hell is going on, but they are a little bit wild,the guys, Im a big guy and not afraid of anything, but it could get ugly if it got heated which I could only imagine happening.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #38
Iraqvet
I think if the living conditions are that bad at the store,there is somthing the Division of Natural Resorces can do...Jason,your right about not raising to much hell at the store..If it got heated and you went to jail,it wouldnt be good for you and your family..But when people build a case against these guys,then it will be good when THEY go to jail...I would love to go to a show with them guys there though...I would get rowdy with my reciept in hand and make sure no one bought from them...I am glad for this thread,cause I almost did buy from them!!

Old 03-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #39
Southern Wolf
boycot around their table at the show? With photos of their actual store?

Old 03-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #40
TailsWithScales
Thumbs down

I've purchased from them at the reptile show here. And I did it purely because the animals looked BAD. I rehabilitated them and spent some money on vet bills. Sadly the two monitors did not survive but the one did.

Yeah I wouldn't suggest purchasing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!