Bad Guy Charles Koutris – Poor Businessman - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Wadew
Angry Charles Koutris – Poor Businessman

Charles Koutris – Poor Businessman

This is my first time to post a bad guy report. I am reluctant to call him a bad guy, it goes against my nature. I copped out a little and am going to call Charles Koutris a poor businessman. I have read several bad guy reports to get a feel for what you want to see, I will try to answer most of the questions in my first post.

Charles ran an ad on the Amazon Alliance web site offering a pair of Amazon Tree Boas for sale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLD- CBB 1.1 Amazon Tree Boas Holdbacks from my Jan '09 Litter SOLD SOLD
« on: March 08, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »

I'm offering my holdback pair from my January '09 litter. These two have shown nothing but promise in terms of color and should be nothing but exceptional adults. They can be bought as a pair or individually, but there will be a price break if you buy the pair. I will include pics of the sire and dam and both of these sibling should surpass the beauty of their parents.

They are marked sold in the ad now because I bought them. I sent him an email as soon as I saw the ad, that was the only contact information he gave. I sent him my phone number and said I wanted to talk serious about them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: ATB
Date: 3/9/2010 9:15 AM
To: ckoutris1@mac.com

> On Mar 9, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Wade Wardrop wrote:
>
>> I would like to talk serious about the pair of ATB you have on AA. Can you call me? 435-229-4481 or send me your number and I'll call you.
>>
>> Wade Wardrop

charles koutris wrote:
> Hey Wade,
> give me a call as soon as you can 323 469-8191
> Thanks
Charles

So I immediately called him. We talked about the snakes and I agreed to buy them. He gave me his Pay Pal info and I sent him the money. We agreed to have the snakes shipped on the 15 of March, that gave him a week to prepare anything he needed to do to ship. I told him my Pay Pal account was in my wife’s name and not to ship to the address they supplied but that I would send him my office address. As you can see from the email that Pay Pal sent me, this all took place in about one hour all on the same day.

Chuck (or is it Charles?)

I have sent the money for the CK-09-02 Ch red male, and CK-09-03 Ch yellow female Amazon Tree Boas. As we talked about I’d like you to ship them on Monday, March 15.

The snakes look great, I am excited to see them.

I can be reached at this email address or my cell phone 435-229-4481 any time if you have questions. My shipping address is a business address when you fill out the Fed Ex form.

Thanks for everything. Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Wade Wardrop
990 North 1400 West
St. George, Utah 84770

This is what I got from Pay Pal confirming the payment.

Hello Vicki Wardrop,

Your payment for $500.00 USD to ckoutris1@mac.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details
Amount: $500.00 USD
Transaction Date: Mar 9, 2010
Transaction ID: 9V4448697L645601U

Subject: You've got money!

Chuck, this is the money for the pair of ATB, CK-09-02 Ch red male, and CK-09-03 Ch yellow female. I will email the shipping info to you. Thank You Wade Wardrop

Shipping Address:

3684 S 1470 W
St George
United States
View the details of this transaction online

Sincerely,
PayPal

OK so the deal is done, everything looks good. I have no reason to contact him nor does he need to contact me. A week goes by, Monday, March 15, I send him an email just checking to make sure we are on schedule. Then I send him another email that afternoon.

Date: 3/15/2010 8:47 AM

Charles
I just wanted to check and see if we were still on track to ship those snakes today? Do you have everything you need from me? Address and phone and all?

Wade

Date: 3/15/2010 4:30 PM

Chuck, check in with me will you and let me know if the snakes got shipped today?

Wade

I get no response from him. So I wait. By Wednesday, I’ve heard nothing from him, I have talked to another person who was also supposed to receive a ATB from him that last Monday so I’m getting nervous. Wednesday morning I post an inquiry on the BOI asking if anyone know Charles and has any contact info. I get several responses, one person PMed me with a phone number but it was the same as the one I already had.

Finally Wednesday afternoon I get a call from him. Lots of excuses and I’ll do better. Oh by the way I heard you put my name on the BOI. That was the only reason he called. He said he was sorry and would ship the next Monday. Then we exchange several emails.

Subject: Tree Boas
Date: 3/17/2010 7:40 PM
To: Wade Wardrop

Hey Wade,
Sorry I didn't get a hold of you sooner but I was not able to ship this week on account of work. I also ordered the wrong size shipping box and I'm still waiting to get the larger box. shipping won't be until next week if that is okay with you.
thanks again,
Charles

On Mar 17, 2010, at 7:30 PM, Wardrop Cabinets wrote:

> Charles, please keep in touch with me. Let me know what you are doing so I don't need to wonder.
>
> Thanks
Wade
Subject: Re: Tree Boas
Date: 3/18/2010 7:30 PM

Hey Wade,
Again I'm sorry, I will keep you up to date on the status of the shipment. Today the right size shipping container should be here and I will let you know when that arrives. I don't like shipping on thursdays incase something goes wrong because of a hold up or whatever screwup could happen. I don't won't the snakes sitting on some dock in ? city over the weekend. but I will let you know wants everything arrives then I will go ahead and make plans for Monday and give you the tracking info when I receive it. Hope your doing well! Snakes are looking great I can't wait for you to get them I really think you'll be pleased.
Talk to you soon,
Charles
Subject: Shipping Supplies
Date: 3/18/2010 10:30 PM

Hey Wade,
The correct shipping box and supplies arrived late this afternoon.
So I will be shipping your snakes and Mikes snake on Monday.
I will drop them off as close to 5pm as possible since 5 pm is last pickup.
This is so they are not sitting in boxes all day either on a truck riding around Hollywood
or at the shipping center before departure.
It's starting to get Hot here what are the temps there especially for Monday night and Tuesday?
Thanks Wade
Charles
Subject: Tracking Info
Date: 3/19/2010 8:17 PM

Hey Wade,
Here is the tracking info for Monday. I will be dropping the snakes off around 4:30 pm since last pickup is at 5:00 to cut down on the hours the snakes have to be in the box. If you can Sunday night email what the weather looks like for Monday night. It's starting to get hot here in LA so I want to make sure I need to use the heat pack. As of right now I plan on it judging by the way the night time temps have been here and where you are. but just to be on the safe side if you can let me know what the temps are going to be the night before would be great.
Thank you,
Charles

UPS Tracking Number: 1Z14W5622499522296

If anyone is still reading this I am amazed. I hope I’m not giving you more info than you want.

Well guess what, Tuesday comes but the snakes do not. I try to track them on UPS but of course they never received the package. Big surprise. I’ve had enough, I go to Pay Pal and file a complaint. On hour later Charles want to talk to me. All of a sudden he is my buddy again. He will ship the snakes tonight for sure. Well I’m not holding my breath.

Finally, today, Wednesday, March 24, 2010 I got the snakes. Bottom line, he took my money without hesitation. The only time I got any communication or action out of him was when I contacted the BOI or Pay Pal. Me made me promise after promise and never kept a one until Pay Pal contacted him and told him I had filed a complaint.

I got my snakes so I won’t say that Charles Koutris is a bad guy, but he is for certain very undependable and I will never do business with him again.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
scaledverts
Hmm

Very poor communication for sure. Looking back at your weather, temps have been in the proper range since at least last Wednesday.

Are the snakes at least as advertised? No mites, health issues, etc? I doubt they have eaten yet, but do they look good otherwise?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
scaledverts
Also, did you ask why the delay in shipping? Perhaps there is a perfectly reasonable explanation that just has not been shared with you yet? Just trying to get the whole picture here.

Did you inform him about this post? Maybe he can come here to explain the poor communication.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Wadew
My weather has been good for a month, that has never been an issue. The snakes are as advertised. I have no complaints about the animals themselves. I'm just furious that I made arrangements on three different occasions to receive the snakes and they did not show. UPS always delivers to my office at around 12:15. I have a meeting I have to attend at 12:00 everyday. When ever I have snakes coming on UPS I have to either miss that meeting or arrange for someone else to receive the package.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Wadew
His reason for not getting the snakes shipped was because of work. That was as much info as he gave. I have not yet but plan to email a copy of my first post to him. I don't know if he'll respond.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
Wadew
OK, Now he has been informed.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
spyder79
Wow, im glad you got your animals in safe and sound. So many posts start the same way yours did and ends with "i never got my animals and paypal is screwing me around now"

So congrats on a happy outcome.
I will say it seems to have been a sucky situation. At the very least he should have contacted you with whatever changes he had to make to shipping times. I know, weather he had to work or not, he had 5 minutest to sit down and type up a short email to you.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Casey Hulse
It is good that you brought this here. It sounds like caution would be advised when dealing with him.
Glad your snakes arrived OK.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
chamgirl99471
I agree completely!! If it takes threats through Paypal and the BOI to put a fire under someone's butt then it's definately "Deal With Caution"... Good Choice bringing it here!!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
Wadew
Just a note, In the three hours this thread has been here I have had calls from two different people who wanted what ever info I had because they were having problems with Charles. I guess I'm not alone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!