Herper's nite out.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #11
JungleHabitats
Well Well let me toss out how i would....

Ok seeing as i now live in the NC mountains here is how i would set the day...

I would make plans to pick her at her place ( if shes comfortable with that ) Since i live by a very beautiful lake and and have a boat i would plan to start the day out with a nice boat ride around the lake and then make a stop on one of the many little islands in the lake and have a nice picnic lunch with some variety of food options ( god forbid shes a vegan ) lol .I think the boating would allow time to talk and find out wether the rest of the day would be worth pursuing further.If at this point all is going well i would suggest a ride up the the mountain to either Boone or Asheville both are beautiful setting and both very laid back setting and have nice quiet resturants and nightlife the first choice would be Boone as there is a very nice resturant that has outside dining that is on a deck that overhangs the side of a mountain and looks out over a large part of the blueridge mountains ( great sunsets to )after dinner if all is still going well which by this time i would have to think it would be i would suggest a moonlight walk by the lake there which has a abundance of nice places for evening views of the mountains and surrounding towns at night and has a 150yr old + lodge that over looks the lake and a old stone dam beside it . after the evening comes to a end and the ride home would allow room for talking about what would be next.
.... to be continued

Old 06-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #12
Stardust
Damn Alan!
You surprised me AGAIN, first you say you can cook, now you show you can be romantic, and here I thought you could only worry...well and build great cages

Old 06-08-2004, 11:50 AM   #13
JungleHabitats
Talking is multi-talented

there is more to me then being able to cook a 5 star meal and build a cage and worry
... lol only thing is i wonder if i would worry as much on that date ? .... lol naaaa

Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 PM   #14
Sybella
Star's idea about just a drink first, so it's an easy part if the spark isn't there, is a good one...but then again, Kevins canyon sounds dreamy, aside from the truck blowing up! LOL! I guess this really depends on how much the parties have gotten to know eachother already.

I liked the comment about if all goes well, then take her back to meet the herps, but since herps are a big part of my life, I'd be more inclined to do that BEFORE the date. LOL!! For example, the other night at the grocery store, some guy tried to pick me up. He said, "Are you married?" I replied, "No. Do you like snakes?" These things have to be right out in the open immediately. (Like how I place reptiles and marriage on the same level of importance?? LOL!!)

Anyway, Kevin...If one was successful in finding a few AZ Mtn Kings in this canyon, what would be the plan there? Are we talking just viewing them or taking them back home with us?

Old 06-08-2004, 07:40 PM   #15
AZ Dragoon
We would could take them home legally if so inclined as long as we had a AZ hunting license among us (you can collect up to four per license). I love pyros, among, if not the most beautiful kingsnakes out there.

Kevin
the pyromaniac

Old 06-08-2004, 08:55 PM   #16
Sybella
I have "issues" with taking critters from the wild but if it were a Lyre snake, I'd be hard pressed to follow my own morals! LOL! I've wanted a Lyre for a very very long time and have a huge fondness for rear-fangs. But, I was just curious to see how you felt about this. But, just so long as it is a couple, and it is legal in that area, it's fine with me.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:18 PM   #17
AZ Dragoon
If its Lyre snakes you want my dear, it will be Lyre snakes that you will have! They are rather common around the lower foothills in my area and its not unusual to see 2 to 4 in a evening of night driving in the right habitat (unless you really have your heart set on finding one, then they and other herps seem to be more elusive).

Regarding wildcaught herps. I see nothing wrong with taking them from the wild for good purposes, i.e., captive propagation, systematic research, etc. I, however, have a problem with commercial collecting of species and this is why I was pushing breeding of the species Boa constrictor long before Boas were cool, not to mention other herps. The economics was my main focus in verbal presentations to other breeders in the late 70's and early 80's. Looks like it spread like wildfire from the number of people now breeding BC.

And lets not forget habitat destruction which is undoubtably the biggest problem facing wildlife.

Kevin

Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #18
Sybella
I know there are Lyre snakes in AZ...I've been craving some for a very long time! LOL!! They are supposed to be as high as Central California but I've yet to see one where I am.

That's funny that you mention that you can't find them if you're looking...isn't that the way of things, especially romance??

Old 06-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #19
AZ Dragoon
Well, my dear lady I did not come to this forum for romance, but I just reviewed your photos and ..... (better leave this for your eyes only).

Kevin

Old 06-08-2004, 10:05 PM   #20
Sybella
Oh goodness!! LOL!!

I just got out of the bath and while I was in there, a thought hit me! I suddenly sat up, spilling water all over the place, thinking, "WAIT! Does this mean he is going to find me some Lyres???" I had to rush right back to the forum, barely taking the time to dry off!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!