Herper's nite out.... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:18 AM   #31
Lucille

Old 06-11-2004, 02:07 PM   #32
Sybella
No more flirting on Lucille's threads?? What fun is that?!!?

Old 06-11-2004, 02:34 PM   #33
Lucille

Old 06-11-2004, 02:49 PM   #34
Sybella
I respect the fact that most people have ADD and have learned to love and welcome the ebb and flow of multiple conversations within the span of one thread. But, I do see how it could bother some so I will try to keep on focus for you, Lucille.

So...back to dates. I guess I'm a little stumped because I don't really think of them as "dates." Once I start seeing someone, we just "do" things together. It takes a lot of stress off if you don't think of it as an actual date. LOL!

So, a good outing for me would be to take a drive up to the hills and if and when we see something enticing, get out to take a look. I can always find something to do, as I can't remember being bored since I was in high school.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #35
bcfos
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
I can always find something to do, as I can't remember being bored since I was in high school.

Well I don't believe there has been a boring moment in my social life since I was 12. there has been some much unwanted drama, but that problem is always solved with a much needed exodus from said relationship.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:30 PM   #36
Lucille

Old 06-11-2004, 04:09 PM   #37
RedQuake
What a cool thread, anyways first date eh?!? lets see. From my personal experience movies just don't work for me, theres not much room for conversation. Going for a drink is best in that if things aren't working then its easily ended. I'm not into drives either as #1. i'm a *driver* not a passenger LOL and #2. if things go bad i'm stuck with no escape hehe.

My personal preference would be grabbing a Tim Hortons coffee (remembering i'm Canadian) and going for a walk down by the lake in one of our beautiful parks. Or perhaps going to Street Fest or a local fair. I like keeping the encounter in amoungst the public especially with someone i've just met. I've had my fair share of first dates that became rather ummmmmm.....well they wouldn't take NO for an answer. Needless to say that was a LAST date as well LOL.

I like the fishing idea, i'm into that, but even if i am lucky enough to find a man who loves herps as much as i do, coming back to my place (or going to his for that matter) to see eachothers collections would be further down my list of things to do. Not to mention i wouldn't want to scare them off so quickly by meeting my family LOL

I think the coffee meet is best for me. No alcohol on the first date as i'm a rather silly person with just one drink in me. On a good day theres a more than likely chance i'll stick my foot in my mouth without having to add alcohol to the mix hehe.

Then again i've lacked the company of a date for so long now (been to busy with work and my herps to even get out of the house) that any event would be acceptable if i could just find someone interested in attending with me.

Red

Old 06-11-2004, 05:39 PM   #38
Sybella
Yay!! Red posted too now!! LOL!

Oh, Brian...I wasn't talking about bordom specific to social lives, I was talking about everything. Even if I'm standing in queue somewhere, my mind is still going. I just never get bored. Period. I can't remember the last time I could consider myself "bored."

Old 06-11-2004, 10:54 PM   #39
RedQuake
hehe ya i'm around, when i get into posting mode i post alot then nothing for a while......it comes in spurts LOL

i've been thinking about a first date......what i've done in the past, what i'd like to do. it occured to me that i wish i could skip the first date, maybe even the second and third and just hop back into that *being engaged* mode LOL. That was a great time for me. The first, second and sometimes third dates are so awkward, don't ya think?!? Being that i'm getting *older* i kinda feel like that whole process would just take to long.

I don't know if its appropriate to say or not but i miss being kissed, waking up each morning with someone who loves me sleeping peacefully beside me. I work with alot of the younger generations and from what i hear of their dating experiences now, much has changed since i was in school. It sounds almost scary LOL. I have my work cut out for me thats for sure.

Anyone else think that a first date in todays world is just a tiny bit scary?

Red

Old 06-11-2004, 11:23 PM   #40
Stardust
I kind of like that giddy nervous feeling of a first date. However, in getting older I seem to take it more easily.
In my younger mode I would not feel at all comfortable eating on a first date, now its like so what? I am hungry, this is what I waited and starved all day for, I am going to eat!! LOL
I am with you on the movie thing, not for a first date.
I have never been on a blind date, but I would imagine if I were changing my tune on the movie thing. Opening the door and some person there that I just know is going to get no where with me, yep could easily change plans to a movie
This is very hard to answer, it depends on the person you are going on a date with. How long you have talked to them in advance ect. My brain hurts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!