Herper's nite out.... - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:08 PM   #61
Blackwater Reptiles
I've been married all my life, so trying to imagine the "perfect" first date is a real stretch for me...
My first priority, if I were interested enough to actually ask a woman out somewhere, would be to ensure that she has a good time. I probably would try to find out as much about what she likes to do, and then plan the evening around making it a nice time for her. One nice thing about snooping around a bit to find out what she likes is that it may lead to me not asking her out in the first place LOL...
My ideal first date would be to ask my date if she'd like to take a cruise out on the Chesapeake Bay on my (boat) cuddy cabin. I'd plan the trip to coincide with the sunset. We could anchor and have a picnic of sorts.... if she likes to fish, we could catch dinner... and then motor back to the dock as the sun sets. After dinner and a cruise, we could walk along the shoreline and talk a while, then stop off for a coffee or some icecream before calling it an evening.

I have a few odd ways about me. I like to treat women with respect. I like to open doors, and close them, for them. I like to listen attentively to them when they speak to me, and I do my very best to be interested in the things that make the women in my life happy. I learned a long time ago that if the woman in your life is happy, you're happy. It's a pretty simple formula for success in a relationship, really.... I "buy her chairs"... If you don't know what that means, what the movie "Phenomenon" (John Travolta)... My dream date would be my wife. I already know how to please her :-)

Tom Townsend

Old 06-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #62
RedQuake
Sybella.........I commend you. Most of the men i dated wanted sex on the first date.......most of them never called me back after that (when they didn't get what they wanted)......go figure.

I'm completely content being by myself.......actually i'd love to have more ME time, but when i am with someone, i do like spending time with him. My last ex, was the type that would pay for anything, buy me anything but to actually spend time with me (other than those nights he wanted something) well, i was always left alone. If we did spend time together it was doing things he wanted to......

I am older now, smarter/wiser, so hopefully i won't allow myself into a relationship like that again.

Red

Old 06-15-2004, 03:18 AM   #63
Sybella
Thank you, Red...It's funny. I've been with 4 men in 9, almost 10 years, and I still fee like that's way too many. LOL!

Old 06-15-2004, 06:23 AM   #64
bcfos
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
Thank you, Red...It's funny. I've been with 4 men in 9, almost 10 years, and I still fee like that's way too many. LOL!

Way too many??? 4??? Good god woman 4 is like being a virgin..

Old 06-15-2004, 08:13 AM   #65
RedQuake
I've been with a three men in that past 5 years. I've been making myself more available for dating oppotunities lately but i just have the worst luck.........the men i've been interested in either live way to far away (out of the country), are already dating, engaged or married or swing in the other direction. I can't win LOL

I was thinking about the herp show i went to on Sunday and that it would not have made for a good first date. Maybe later on in the relationship perhaps, but its a must that my guy love herps lol. That way it won't scare him tomuch that i'm bringing home so many herps LOL

I do want to go to the Toronto Zoo and the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) this year. It sucks going alone, i went alone to the CNE about 2 years back. I had a good time but not as much fun as if i'd had someone with me. They aren't good first date options as theres really no escape if things aren't going well.

Still think going for a coffee is best for me
Red

Old 06-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #66
bcfos
Dates in other countries

Here is my personal take on the countries I have visited and what to expect on a date in each country.

Spain - Plan for the best, expect the worst. Nothing beats the Latin women for passion, but also nothing beats that famous Latin temper.

England - Expect to eat food that you normally wouldn't because of its name. Also the accent will get to you in the end.

France - Skip it and go to England

Russia - Passion and tempers are hard to overcome. Promise a trip to the USA and get whatever you want.

Iceland - Expect the best and you will get it. Where else are women encouraged to have multiple sex partners?

Canada - Just go back south to the good old USA. Don't Canadians know they only exist because we let them?

Mexico - Skip it and go south to Brazil

Brazil - See Spain

Italy - Passion and tempers yet once again. Also beware of the fathers in this country. They can and will kill you if they take a dislike to you.

Old 06-15-2004, 01:08 PM   #67
Sybella
Quote:
Way too many??? 4??? Good god woman 4 is like being a virgin..
LOLOLOLOL!! That's 4 different men, not 4 times total.

I like to stick with the same guy because after that "new" awkwardness goes away, the real fun can start.

PS. I'm half German and a quarter each, Dane and Italian. What would you assess of me?

Old 06-15-2004, 02:17 PM   #68
bcfos
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
LOLOLOLOL!! That's 4 different men, not 4 times total.

I like to stick with the same guy because after that "new" awkwardness goes away, the real fun can start.

PS. I'm half German and a quarter each, Dane and Italian. What would you assess of me?

I was meaning 4 total. Now German and a Dane/Italian mix could be interesting. You can have a bit of a temper( the Italian in you) but it is regulated by you ability to reason very well(the German in you) And the Danish part, well this isn't Amsterdam but you can be really laid back and enjoy quiet times.

So am I close?

Old 06-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #69
Stardust
This seems like fun.
1/4 Spanish, 1/4 German 1/2 Hungarian

Old 06-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #70
bcfos
Well for me my mixture is 1/2 Italian and 1/2 Jewish. I was adopted by a family with a Welsh last name though..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!