I'm always the last on the block to know...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: Which do you think are good icebreaker topics for shy people? (more than 1 OK)
General reptile topics 11 52.38%
Pets in general: everything from geckoes to foofy poodles 10 47.62%
The weather, the latest in elevator music, and other boring topics 2 9.52%
Seamus Haley's sex life 3 14.29%
Politics 0 0%
Religion 0 0%
Sports 4 19.05%
Fashion accessories 0 0%
Kinky sex 3 14.29%
True love 2 9.52%
Family stuff 5 23.81%
Lucille 2 9.52%
Fauna gossip 4 19.05%
Gossip about other boards 1 4.76%
Handcuffs 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
Lucille
I'm always the last on the block to know......

Cuz I'm blonde? Cuz I don't pay no mind? Cuz I'm in school and my brain, such as it is, has absorbed too much? I dunno, but I just went to the chat area which I don't do very often and GUESS WHAT there is a lonely hearts chat area! That rocks, I can talk realtime with some of my fave LH buds!!!
I am gonna start looking in there occasionally, hope to see y'all there sometime!!!
The poll is for icebreaker topics for those of us, who, like me, are quiet and shy.....

Old 12-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
TooManyBurmese
CHAT!! I am such a chat addict! I'll see ya there girlie!

Old 12-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #3
sirenofthestorm
I have no good staple icebreaker topics anymore lol. since I've been in college I've collapsed in on myself personality-wise and become intensely shy around new people. It takes a few hours for me to warm up to strangers and really talk to them, unless of course I'm smashed on a fifth of vodka.

*edit* my mom recently said to a cousin on the phone "she's not a talker" in reference to me. nice huh?

Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Lucille
I am shy too, that's why I posted the icebreaker subjects. Even if someone is brand new to me, it is impossible not to warm up and start chatting if someone brings up the subject of a new puppy, or a pet turtle; there are all kinds of subjects you can raise that will make you forget your own shyness and awkwardness and instead get into what is being said.

What is nice about having a LH chatroom is that you will see people like me and the rest of the folks here on the board, I feel that through our posts we halfway know each other anyway.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
bcfos
I am not shy at all.... Just some of the topics that come out of my mouth would get lesser men slappped.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:26 AM   #6
reptilebreeder
Red face

Well, I have no idea what would be a good icebreaker. I guess that's why I'm so pathologically shy

Old 12-08-2004, 10:19 AM   #7
TooManyBurmese
I know what you mean reptilebreeder. I am not too good at initiation face to face conversation, but once the ice is broken I find that reptiles make for great conversation! Even if the other person has never seen a reptile up close in person, there's just something about them that interestes almost everyone. I have found that talking about the freezer full of frozen lagomorphs or using a dead rat to rub on a rabbit for scenting is not the usually the part of reptile keeping people want to k now about though hee hee.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #8
Brownie55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyBurmese
...I have found that talking about the freezer full of frozen lagomorphs or using a dead rat to rub on a rabbit for scenting is not the usually the part of reptile keeping people want to k now about though hee hee.
Probably best to wait for at least a half-hour before bringing those up, although you just don't run into that many women who use the word lagomorphs in a sentence. A big vocabulary is very exciting to me.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:24 PM   #9
BallPyFan
I'm usually not tongue-tied in the least, but my favorite topics are sports (GO STEELERS! Go Cubbies!) pets, and army life if someone is a bit shy. All topics that most people in this area can discuss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!