PALUDARIUM - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #11
vasss
Webslave, do you have any examples of lizards that can potentially live with fbt?

And also my dad won't let me get any snakes
Will blue head tree dragons or mountain horned dragons work?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #12
vasss
Webslave, do you have any examples of good tankmates for fire belly toads?
Also my dad doesn't allow me to have snake

Would tree dragons or mountain dragons work?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #13
vasss
oops sorry

Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #14
WebSlave
Sorry, but after a rather unpleasant experience as a young child myself trying to do exactly what you are considering doing, I ceased being a supporter of the idea of forcing multi-species of any animals together into one enclosure, unless you are talking about a VERY large one. Like the size of a bedroom or so. Lots of animals get stressed out even being with more members of their own species, so you have to keep a lot of visual blocks in the cage so they can feel like they are at least out of sight of a "stranger". And lots of reptiles and amphibians will happily eat anything else that they can overpower and shove down their throats.

If you stick with amphibians and maybe pick something more arboreal than your fire bellied toads, that might work out for you. But make sure that the sizes of all the inhabitants are roughly the same. Otherwise the smallest will likely mysteriously vanish one day, and the larger ones will look particularly fat and happy.

I believe the idea you are hoping for would be to come up with something visual pleasing and safe for all of the inhabitants. Having a bunch of animals in a small enclosure where you can't see any of them because all of the inhabitants are afraid of everything else that is not them, would not be much fun for you. The idea you are probably envisioning certainly seems appealing, but the reality of getting what you want will not be easy, maybe even not possible.

Bear in mind, too, that the more complicated you make an enclosure, the more difficult it will be to clean regularly. So you will quickly tire of the responsibility and work load, which will eventually produce a very unpleasant living environment for your captives. You will wind up putting off that cleaning longer and longer each time as you tire of the constant regimen you got yourself into. Warm and damp environments are very difficult to keep fungus and molds from overtaking it. Animals pass waste materials that easily produce fungus, not to mention any number of pathogens that other species might be more susceptible to than the original hosts.

Unless you have a lot of experience under your belt taking care of relatively fragile animals, I suggest that you start off small and simple and make things easier on yourself in your learning curve. Opening up a cage to find dead animals in your care will most certainly ruin your day and leave a lasting impression. As I indicated, if you are new at this, I would hate for your first experience into this stuff to shatter your developing interest. And nothing kills budding enthusiasm better than killing your pets by making a mistake in judgment.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #15
vasss
Thank you!! I'll probably just stay with my fbt and get another tank in the near future

Old 01-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #16
vasss
Umm... i keep hearing my frogs at nice doing weird noises and today i saw them in their mating position several times! Will the female lay eggs?When will she lay them?

Also i wanted to know if they lay, how many tadpoles by gallon

Old 01-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
WebSlave
I would suggest that for specific discussions about amphibians, that you direct your questions to being within this forum -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=607

Sorry, I never did much with amphibians, so I can't help you.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #18
vasss
Thanks for the link! But how do you create a new post and not answer someone?
I'm new so help is appreciated

Old 01-19-2018, 11:22 PM   #19
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasss View Post

Go to the forum you are interested in, and look top left above the list of threads in that forum. There's a button that says "New thread".

Hope you get the help you want!

Old 01-20-2018, 12:50 AM   #20
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasss View Post
You created a new thread here with this current one we are conversing in. The process in another forum will be the same.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!