Crestie Morph help? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Crestie Morph help?

I have the other two I have nailed down, one is a buckskin with dalmation spotting, the other is a very nice chocolate brown fire with a partial pinstip... and the one in that pic, I had it nailed as a fire but it is starting to get quite a lot of patterning on its sides and legs so I am leaning towards Harlequin. Any input would be apprecited!

Old 11-13-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
sircat
no sure if there's enough side pattern to be considered harlequin...a side pic would be more helpful

Old 11-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #3
saltwaterreptiles

Does this help? I should also note that this fella is just 3-4 months old right now...

This is the one I had identified myself as a fire partial pin... would that be accurate?

Old 11-13-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
cookreptiles
based on what i can see i think the first one is almost a harlequin but not quite. it may gain more patterning as it matures in which case it will qualify as a harlequin. looks like you have the second one correct as a partial pinstripe fire. good looking geckos!

Old 11-13-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
saltwaterreptiles
Thanks Emily... yeah... the first one is a trickster.... she seems to get a little different each day, I just had her identified as a fire when the pattern on her sides started to appear. The other thing on her, and the fire partial pin, is that they have both just recently developed a whitish edging to the rear legs on the outside edge, you can KINDA see it in those pics.

I find cresties much tricker than my leos in regards to morph identification cause there is so much change in the run of a day from day time colors to night time colors, and also, as they are growing the change so much!

Thanks again for the info!

Old 11-13-2005, 01:57 AM   #6
Otter_23
I would say they are both fire and the one has a small amount of pinstriping. It is hard to say with those pictures but some also have an orange/red pinstriping but I can't tell from you pictures so I would assume (I know) no. Nice looking cresteds.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:12 AM   #7
cookreptiles
the white edging you are seeing is often referred to as "white fringe." it's a nice little bonus trait that cresteds sometimes have. it looks like the fringe on the first gecko is more orange in color? if that's the case that's pretty neat.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #8
sircat
yep, I'd say both are fire...and the white fringe doesn't only happen to fires...I have reds and yellow, tigers, dalmations, bicolors that have the fringe but aren't fire...and then I have some fires without the fringe...
I don't think the first will gain enough side color to be considered harlequin but you never really know...very nice...good luck with them

Old 11-14-2005, 12:26 AM   #9
saltwaterreptiles
Thanks for all the info guys... I have been finding it very hard to take good pics of these guys, as I say they are still VERY young and VERY elusive... I'll take some more pics as they age, I understand that they a pretty much set in thier color by 6-7 months? And hopefully have a better handle on what they are. Either way, I love em, and they look AWESOME to me!! Amazing little animals....

Thanks again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!