Pastels and COLOR - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
bear
Pastels and COLOR

So this is a future pairing I have put together. I purchased a couple of female farmed import boas that had some exceptional color and also a CB male of existing pastel lines. The plan is to pair this 1.2 down the road and make a new blood line of pastels.

pic 1 is the cb male pastel

pic 2 is farmed female 1

pic 3 is farmed female 2

Both the farmed boas have been treated for internal & external parasites and have been quarantined.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
bear
Better pic of the male

This pic was taken by the seller but represents his colors much better ( I have a pretty crappy camera)
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
JCCS
What bloodline is the male from. If you go with a male from an already existing bloodline, you can't honestly make a "new line" with him. It will only be further refining the bloodline that the male is from.

If you want to create a new bloodline of pastels, you need to find a male from an unrefined source such as you did with the farmed females.

That last female is an amazing looking Colombian, you should be able to find something for her pretty easily.

Chris

Old 06-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
bear
to my knowledge the male is from a mix of some of the existing lines, I have no real info on exactly what he is from but i know his is not one single line for sure.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
JCCS
Gotcha, I must have read it wrong.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!