Derek Roberts hasnt sent my snake! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #11
Otter_23
Depending on how you paid I would start to look at getting your money back. The problem with these guys dragging things out is they keep it going until you have gone past the date of being able to dispute it.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
bigybigy
I paid by cashiers check.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I'm sure something went wrong on his end. He may have computer troubles or something. Don't give up, I'm sure he'll come threw with you.
He has been having computer problems since 2002. It seems something goes wrong often, when it comes to delivering on-time, per his agreements.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #14
Double "D" Reptiles
Go to your bank tomorrow and get a trace started on the cashier's check. Find out if, and when, it was cashed and if it was, then find out where and get a copy. You would have sent it by mail, so drop him another e-mail as warning. If he doesn't reply, refund or ship the animal then your next step, on Wed. or Thurs. would be to go to your post office and begin inquiring about filing for mail fraud. This would involve the Inspector General as it is a federal offense. You may have more stops to make along the way, such as your own district attorney's office or possibly the federal courthouse (I really don't know as I've not had to ever take one this far.) Either way, he can be in some deep poo along the way if he doesn't come through. In fact, for people who are leary of online deals, I often spell this out ahead of time so that they'd have the information should I ever screw up a deal.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #15
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double "D" Reptiles
Go to your bank tomorrow and get a trace started on the cashier's check. Find out if, and when, it was cashed and if it was, then find out where and get a copy. You would have sent it by mail, so drop him another e-mail as warning. If he doesn't reply, refund or ship the animal then your next step, on Wed. or Thurs. would be to go to your post office and begin inquiring about filing for mail fraud. This would involve the Inspector General as it is a federal offense. You may have more stops to make along the way, such as your own district attorney's office or possibly the federal courthouse (I really don't know as I've not had to ever take one this far.) Either way, he can be in some deep poo along the way if he doesn't come through. In fact, for people who are leary of online deals, I often spell this out ahead of time so that they'd have the information should I ever screw up a deal.
David,

I believe Sean meant a bank cashier's check. I'm in agreement with the rest, and after the story of the trash bags I would forget about the snake and concentrate on trying to recuperate my money. Where is Derek located at? You probably still have the address where you sent the money, right?

Regards.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
bigybigy
Yes, Derek lives in the Tucson AZ area. I still have the location where the check was sent.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #17
GDReptile
Help

Sean,

I live in the Tucson area, and unfortunately don't know Derek. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

Grant

Old 11-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #18
bigybigy
I have still yet to reach Derek. Does anyone know if he has a different email account than sonoranreptile@cox.net
Any one have another way to contact this man. At 1-520-370-4703 he doesnt seem to answer, but message machine says Derek. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigybigy
I have still yet to reach Derek. Does anyone know if he has a different email account than sonoranreptile@cox.net
Any one have another way to contact this man. At 1-520-370-4703 he doesnt seem to answer, but message machine says Derek. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Several in this post.
Quote:
Derek,

Just for the record papasmurf210@earthlink.net was the e-mail address you used when you placed your ad at kingsnake.com. It's the same address you used to send me 6 e-mails when we made our deal and to arrange payment. Now when I send e-mail asking for a refund after over 3 months of inaction on your part, you claim that you never received them?

I sent an e-mail asking for a reply on Feb. 26th, 2004 and sent it to papasmurf210@earthlink.net and just for good measure, I cc'd it to sonoranreptile@earthlink.net and subocularis@hotmail.com, but you didn't respond to that either.

A week ago after your last post here, I sent yet another e-mail with my address requesting a refund to sonoranreptile@earthlink.net and still no reply.
User name on this form. Send him a private message.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ber.php?u=5858

Old 12-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #20
bigybigy
I sent him a private message, but no response. Some people I know in the tucson area know him and are going to pay him a visit. If anyone know this man on a personal level please PM me.
Sean

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!