Smoothies - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #71
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
Mikey wrote:
And Valley, if this is such a benign and natural occurrence, please point me in the right direction because the only place I've seen pictures of these pitiful creatures is on some breeders web site.....not random pic's taken of them in the wild.
Whoa - hold your horses, missy! Lol, when did I ever claim that this is common in nature? Please post that quote for me so that I can see it! Obviously if this happened in the wild, the animal would probably have a hard time surviving. Just like when albinos are born in the wild, they are picked off by predators because they are easy to see. But I don't have predators in my house (well, not that are allowed to roam free anyway, lol)...so I don't really see it as a major problem.

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #72
Valley Dragons
My bad - that "Mikey wrote" thing did not get erased. Whiskersmom wrote that.

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #73
AxelMyBaby
It hurts to look at the silkback on Diachu's website...eeek...poor thing looks miserable...like her scales were burnt off Sadly, these poor animals are the result of some kind of cruel laboratory experiment irresponsible breeders created....*sigh* What next....

Old 06-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #74
Denisebme
[quote=mikey]I think you should look around yourself and see who your PLAYERS are now. Has anyone called or emailed Dachiu or the breeder from Rome and found out any FACTS or are you just ASSuming again? Sounds like just another personal attack on one certain breeder because the AV thread did not pan out 100% YOUR way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
I was just on the phone with Bobby Hill, and he had an excellent point.

Webslave--"Bobby, you have apparently become a loose cannon. Ever since your rep took a hit with the adenovirus fiasco, you are looking for a target, ANY target, to try to regain face."

From what I see, looking at the various forums, is another angle for bobby and others to attack Dachiu on. Who has who's nose up your butt now, Cheri? Still licking your wounds, Bobby? AV is a dead subject, so now it's time to move on and attack silkbacks and leatherbacks? Or is this all just to target Vicki?
Is AV a dead subject? Its not where I live, and hopefully other people also strongly disagree with you on this. Animals are still dying as a result of AV, so just because people aren't talking about it openly doesn't mean its forgotten.
I don't think this is an "attack" on anyone. Someone asked what people think of this morph, and people gave an opinion.
The question seems to be if Breeders may go to far sometimes in creating something "new" or "different", particularly if that "new or different" trait seriously alters the animal or its genetics. Are we creating Frankensteins, with unforeseen health problems and complications?
Any good industry is capable of self-policing and deciding for itself what it reputable. People are going to discuss these issues and they'll decide for themselves or collectively what the industry will tolerate and how far is to far.
Oh, and since it came up, I AM a Democrat.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #75
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
+ 39 340 1440800 Alessandro

+ 39 348 0838169 Laura

info@pogonavitticeps.it

Our facilities are situated nearby Rome, Italy. For a quick contact we suggest you to send us an e-mail or to phone us (9.00-20.00 our time)

~Email:
dragons@dachiu.com

~Call :
610 273 2873 (9am - 9pm EST)
or if the other line is busy - 610 273 3913

Please feel free to contact both parties and get the facts. Then we can talk the reality of this subject.(good or bad).. Have any of you tried to make contact?
Okay. Obviously many people are repulsed by the sight of the silkback morph. But for crying out loud, people, make the effort to research this dragon before you judge the health, well-being, and genetics of this animal. The info to contact the breeders involved has been provided. I agree with what Mikey said above. I think it is really hard to carry on a decent debate when most of the people involved are forming opinions based on speculation alone.

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #76
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
Oh, and since it came up, I AM a Democrat.
LOL.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #77
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelMyBaby
It hurts to look at the silkback on Diachu's website...eeek...poor thing looks miserable...like her scales were burnt off Sadly, these poor animals are the result of some kind of cruel laboratory experiment irresponsible breeders created....*sigh* What next....
Oh, come off it. We are not talking about genetic engineering, gene splicing, frankenstein kind of stuff here...so much drama, lol!

Jamie

Old 06-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #78
whiskersmom
Valley Dragons wrote:
Quote:
Whoa - hold your horses, missy! Lol, when did I ever claim that this is common in nature?
My bad....and I do apologize. You've never posted that they are common in nature but with all the lectures you have been giving, it just seemed that maybe you had seen something I had not seen.
So my question, once again, is (and still yet to be answered), why? Just because it can be done, doesn't always mean it should be done.
Now that was a rhetorical question....I'm not implying that you [Valley Dragons] are breeding these creatures, but I've been reading your opinions on this and I would like to know what you think. Why do it? It possibly can't be to better the species? Right? It's not to help them live longer lives? Right? Shoot, it's not even to make them prettier...so why do it?
I think I know why....they're different. And being that they are different, a higher price tag can be attached, plain and simple.
Which brings me back to Adeno. If every dragon is positive then no one would have to test. A lot of money would be saved there.....especially for the bigger breeders.

What a crock.......someone has gotten so big that they've forgotten what it is like to actually care.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #79
mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
So my question, once again, is (and still yet to be answered), why? Just because it can be done, doesn't always mean it should be done.
Now that was a rhetorical question....I'm not implying that you [Valley Dragons] are breeding these creatures, but I've been reading your opinions on this and I would like to know what you think. Why do it? It possibly can't be to better the species? Right? It's not to help them live longer lives? Right? Shoot, it's not even to make them prettier...so why do it?
Why don't you get of your soapbox and find out the answers for yourself instead of running your piehole nonstop. Both breeders email's and phone numbers have been provided. Run with it and bring back some facts. Might be a eye opener. Or do you really want the facts. Rome is 7 hours ahead, if you call, by the way.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #80
whiskersmom
Quote:
Why don't you get of your soapbox and find out the answers for yourself instead of running your piehole nonstop. Both breeders email's and phone numbers have been provided. Run with it and bring back some facts. Might be a eye opener. Or do you really want the facts. Rome is 7 hours ahead, if you call, by the way
Whatever......

but since you are all on the side of creating these poor things, why don't you just give me your reasoning? Or do you have a reason? Could it be that these are someone elses reasons and you are just going along with it?

You see, I know why I think this is wrong...I am asking you or Valley dragons why you think it's alright?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread