Prehistoricpet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
valcan222
Prehistoricpet

Hi everyone, I was just curious if anyone has ordered from http://www.prehistoricpets.com/

I am interested in a boa from his site and was just curious if anyone has any advice? hoping that he is a good guy because i really want to order lol.

Thanks everyone. Hope this is in the right thread i am new to the forums lol.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Hi Brian, you may want to repost this in the Reptile BOI - you are under MISC and it may not be seen.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

I've never ordered from Prehistoric Pets, have been to their retail store in Fountain Valley back in the late 90s, I wasn't a fan of them at that time but that was a looooong time ago. Sorry i can't be of any more help.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
I moved it right before you posted

Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
well, there ya go!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
valcan222
Thanks for your help!! sorry for the confusion. hopefully someone will be able to help me out now

Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
tomb9712
Having seen first hand what there animals are like I would avoid them. 3 out of the 4 shipments I saw had mites.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
Mblackburn72
I have never ordered from them, but was in Anaheim for business and stopped into the store (I live in the Tampa, Florida area). I met the owner Jay and he was a real nice guy; ended up giving me a tour of all his stuff (and they have thousands of reptiles). Everything seemed to be well kept and clean to me. Jay had to get back to work after about an hour and a half of showing me all his retic projects, so he had one of his employees show me more of their stuff. I ended up being in the store for about 3 1/2 hours. Anyways, I didn't buy anything as I was in Cali on business, but my perception was they were all nice people and everything I saw looked clean and well taken care of.
Hope this helps.
Matt

Old 06-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
50wyldeman
I've purchased two animals from them in the last two years, A female lavender phase s/d retic, and, a male s/d purple het angry. Both animals arrived perfectly packed and absolutely in the best of health. Both established themselves nicely and are eating machines.
I also visited Prehistoric in Jan of 2011 Garrett and Jay took a considerable amount of time showing us around, I found the animals to be clean and outwardly healthy.

Hope this helps

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
50wyldeman
Het ANERY not angry my mistake

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!